SUMMER ARC - CHAPTER 5

Isogai:

"Onii-chan!"

I watch my little sister skip merrily towards me, trying on some of the clothes in the shop we're currently at. The blouse and skirt I help her choose fits her nicely. "It looks good on you, Mira. You should get them."

"Is it okay?" Mira takes a look at the tag on the clothes, slightly pouting at the figures. "The price..."

"Don't worry about it..." I pat her head, smiling at at her reassuringly. "... it's about time we went shopping for clothes anyways. The both of you are growing big, after all." I felt a tug at the bottom on my shirt, turning around to find Sora holding onto my shirt, his other hand holding the clothes he must have wanted.

"Oh, you already picked?" He nodded, handing me a shirt with cat prints and a pair stripped pants to go with it. "You really like cats and stripes a lot." I chuckled, getting another nod from the little boy.

"You have a lot of those already!" Mira complained behind me, causing him to hang his head low. "But... I don't know what else to choose."

"Onii-chan and I can help! So, it's fine." He looks at Mira, then at me with those lost eyes. After shifting his stare between us for a while, he nods in agreement. Mira beams at the answer and she drags him back to the little boys section. I had to stop her, reminding her to change back since she's still wearing the ones from the shop.

Mira and Sora are twins, and as expected, they have contrasting personalities. Mira has a cheerful attitude and has no problems in making friends. Sora, on the other hand, is a little shy and awkward at times. He's not used to crowded places when alone. The two get along just fine, they do almost everything together.

Just seeing those two smiling brings a smile to my face. It makes me happy to see them stick together like two peas in a pod.

After we were done shopping, Sora said he was hungry. It was around time for lunch anyways. Eating in a restaurant didn't seem like a bad idea.

"Alright. How about we go to that restaurant you really like?" Upon hearing my words, Sora's eyes brighten slightly. An eager nod is what I get before he starts running. "S-Sora, wait!" I chased after him, holding onto Mira's hand so I don't lose her.

I know that he must be really hungry, but he didn't have to run towards the place. I'm afraid that he might get lost since he's just 10. What if he trips and hurts himself or crashes into someo--

A yelp from my little brother was enough to tell me: I jinxed him.

"O-Oh no! A-A-Are you okay?"

We stopped running when we found Sora on the ground. The stranger kneels down to check on him. I recognize the voice, and when we get closer towards the two; the face of the girl is one familiar to me.

"Hime?"

I was correct. The brunette lifts her head up to see me, and she gasped softly. "I-Isogai-kun?"

Before I could say anything, I quickly remember about Sora. And I guess she did too, her eyes looking towards the little boy and holding out her hand for him. "I-I'm so sorry! Are you hurt?"

"No..." He accepted her hand and she helps him back on his feet. I was slightly surprised though. Usually, he'd cry when he bumps into an unknown face. But, he's looking at Hime in some sort of curiosity.

A sigh of relief escapes from the said girl and she smiles at him. "I'm glad you're alright."

"I'm so sorry about my little brother." I bowed slightly to Hime in apology, pinching my little brother's ear. "Sora, you shouldn't have ran off like that."