SUMMER ARC - CHAPTER 6

Normal:

"Was it absolutely necessary to have me act as bait, Karma-kun?"

It was mid afternoon then Sakura and Karma walked back to the devil's home. The former looking a little exhausted while the boy had a satisfied smile on his face, his hands resting on the back of his red locks.

They had just returned from town. After Karma was satisfied with the amount of delinquents he bashed up and stole money from them.

"Hey, you brought me a good batch today! Even if I couldn't keep my promise of protecting you, you fare well."

"My pepper spray's almost out after this."

"I'll reimburse you. Keep this up, and I'll treat you to something better."

"I will not act as your bait once again!" The words fall on deaf ears as the redhead spits his tongue at her, chuckling. She sighs before her eyes look ahead. The ordeal wasn't completely bad. After beating up a particular group, he fishes out an antique watch from their pockets. Turns out, it belonged to a boy slightly younger than them. He returns it back to the owner. The boy thanks him, he smiles and pets his head.

'It wasn't entirely out of personal entertainment. I should have known by now, yet... his actions continue to surprise me.' She smiled slightly at her thought, which goes unnoticed by Karma beside her.

"I'm suddenly having a craving for Gyudon."

"Good thing there's some beef ready in the fridge for you." The two stand outside the door, where Karma fishes out the key and tries to unlock it. However, to his surprise, it already is. The brunette gives him a questionable look. "What's the matter?"

"The door's open. I was sure I locked it before I left for your home." Realization dons to him. "Don't tell me..."

He opens the door, spotting two pairs of shoes at the front step. Sakura noticed this as well, making her more confused than before. She didn't have the time to ask him questions as he quickly steps into the living room. She followed.

The two were greeted by a middle-aged couple. They looked no older than 30s.

The man had red hair matching Karma's shade perfectly, eyes are a familiar shade of teal and a little grin. The woman beside him wore a warm smile on her face, her long raven hair is let loose, reaching her elbows. Her mercuric gold eyes shine with love and happiness.

"Welcome home, Karma!"

"We've been waiting for you."

Karma smiles softly at the two before him. "Mom. Dad. You're back!"

'Karma-kun's parents?' The revelation of the adults takes some time to let it register into the princess' mind. Her figures freezes, her eyes trained on the devil as he steps closer to his parent till he's engulfed into their embrace.

"You didn't tell me you'd be back today. I would've headed to the airport to see you guys."

"We wanted to surprise you, honey. Did it work?"

"Just a little." He responded calmly, only to have his father rub his knuckles against his head. "I can see that smile. You were totally surprised!" The older man booms with laughter. Sakura remains to stare at them with wide eyes.

'They do get along well... then, they really are his mother and father.'

It doesn't take long for her presence to be acknowledged by the adults. When their eyes land on her, she returns from her thoughts and feels nervous under their gaze. His mother gives the brunette a welcoming smile. "Oh, you brought a friend over? Hello, there!"