SUMMER ARC - CHAPTER 1

Nagisa:

Anxiety courses through my veins as I hurry to the meeting place, afraid that I'll be late. I never would've thought this would happen in the first place.

After watching Bitch sensei and Mr. Karasuma, a sudden thought popped came to my mind: I'd like to spend a day with Hime. I didn't know why that appeared at that moment, but with that in mind, my body moved on it's own and my hand grabbed hold of hers.

I couldn't retreat and say, 'it's nothing.' There was no turning back. Taking some more time to muster up the courage, I look into her similar azure eyes, blood rushing to my face in an instant. "Hime-san... A-Are you free after this vacation?"

"Huh?"

"I'd... like to hang out with you for a day. That is, if it's okay with you?"

I knew I messed it up when I ended up sounding so nervous. I was 100 per cent sure that she would flat out reject. But...

"Okay..." She smiled, the single word making me stunned. "... Maybe not tomorrow since we're returning. But, how about the day after?"

Her reply caught me off guard, and I earned a soft giggle when I stammer out my response. That's how it ended...

And now... it's that day.

When we returned home after the vacation, I didn't feel tired and thought of places I could take Hime to. While I felt nervous about it, I was mostly excited. I want her to have a good time.

And... I could use today to properly confirm my feelings this time.

"I have 5 minutes left." I take my phone out to check the time, a sigh of relief escapes since I'm just close. The place we agreed to meet isn't so crowded early in the morning, but I can't find her. Maybe I'm early?

Those questions leave my mind once my eyes spot her under her pastel pink umbrella. I froze, my face becoming unbearably hot.

The dress Hime wears is creamy white, the length of her skirt reaches to her knees, with an extra layer of sheer fabric. A pink half-sleeved cardigan is word on top of the dress, the ends of those sleeves having tiny little white bows on the side. Her pigtails are usually tied with the same creamy white ribbon, but I notice the earrings she wears are shaped like a tiny pink flower.

In my eyes, she's beautiful. Like an angel.

I must have been staring for so long. Eventually her eyes meet my own and I see her usual, bright smile as she waves at me. "Nagisa-kun!"

I wave back with a sheepish smile as I approach her. Come to think of it, when I get a closer look, I can see the tiny details that I missed before. The little brown belt, her eyelashes a bit longer than usual, and her lips having a shine. I also missed the shoulder bag hanging on the other side.

"Sorry. Did I keep you waiting?"

"No, I came a bit early. Looks like we're both early birds." We both chuckled, the anxiety melting away when I see her smile. I don't feel nervous anymore... It's that kind of effect she has on me that I'm thankful for in times like this.

"Shall we get going?"

"Okay!" She gives me a small nod before we start walking. I noticed that she shifted her umbrella so that it covers the both of us. I look at the umbrella above then turn to her with a quizzical look. "It's quite hot today. I don't wan't you to get a heatstroke or a migraine."

"T-Thank you for worrying about me..." It was all I could say at the moment, rather than declining her gesture. I appreciate it though, and it makes my smile grow.