6: Side effects

Despite the incident Lucy got herself into, Cana still continued on her job as the manager, with a different setting. It was still a bar, her place, Love and Lucky, but this time; there were no more prostitutes she was hiring. This time, she was determined on keeping the place clean and slut-free.

Men and women can come -- just for a drink, though. And once they're drunk as hell, enough to make out, she kicks them out.

Cana didn't change. She's still the same woman who sells her body. She just wants to give Lucy some time before she re-opens business, just give her time to escape the traumatic past. Proudly opening the door of her bedroom, her eyes spotted an unforeseeable situation;

"L-Lucy . . . ?" Cana squeaked as she looked upon a deadly aura.

Lucy was leaning against the wall, a few scratches were now marked on her arm, a huge knife on the other. Her eyes were dilated, her pupil taking over her eyes.

"Kill... I need to... to kill them..." she mumbled, not even noticing the presence of the brunette.

Cautiously, Cana approached the self -harming teen, gently taking the knife away from her hand and throwing it away as far as possible. Careful not to frighten the poor girl, she caresses her head, but the blonde didn't respond.

"Lucy, what the hell happened in there?" Cana asked as she stared at the blonde's body. She carefully lifted the teen's arm and saw what was written: men go to hell. A breath taking moment it was for her position as her Aunt; as her guardian, to be more precise. She didn't expect the young one to become so violent. Heck, she hoped the perky Lucy would lose her traumatic memories to become the old Lucy again.

It was too much for Cana. She felt so betrayed when she paid a lot of money for the asylum with this kind of result. Now, she has nothing -- just her newly-made, slut-free bar and her broken niece, already committing suicide.

"Maybe...just maybe, if I sell the bar -- I can get Lucy back into the asylum again." Cana mumbled under her breath. Before she could stand up, though, Lucy caught her wrist, it frighted the brunette, but after seeing the normal Lucy again, staring with those innocent, chocolate pair of eyes of hers, Cana felt her heart soften. "Lucy, a-are you-"

Without saying a word, Lucy pulled her into a hug, her tears already streaming down her cheeks, some splashing onto Cana's shoulder. "I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry." she began. "I-I didn't like the asylum. I didn't like it at all! It was horrible having to stay in such a place... no one to talk to, nothing to see -- I felt nothing. I hated it. I-I had to plan my escape and this was it. I pretended to be sane again..."

Cana's eyes squinted worriedly as she listened to her niece. "...but, I promise. I'll be good. I'm a good girl after all. I can control myself. I-I can improve and be normal again on my own. I-I'll figure it out. Just, please don't send me back there. Please."

Finally, Lucy let go of her Aunt. Cana caressed Lucy's hair gently, fixing its oiliness and wiping the tears away from her face, too. "Lucy, you're 15 years old. When you were 5, you had the intelligence I never saw in any kid before. I'm trusting you. I trust that you will be able to overcome this. I will help you, but it won't be the asylum."

The blonde nodded, handing Cana something questionable. "Cana, this is the way for me to be sane again."

Cana's eyes widened. "W-Why did you hand me-"

"Use the chains to tie me up everytime I sleep. Please. I found out while I was in the asylum -- everytime I would sleep, I'd usually dream of--" Lucy swallowed, unable to pronounce those words. "that, and unconsciously, I would try and get out of the rope the asylum provided for me. I don't want anyone to know about what happened. Please, Aunt Cana, please."

Without a doubt, she believed in her when their eyes met again. She tightened her grip onto the chains, pulling her into a hug and nodded, "You can count on me."