18: Interviews and Secrets

Once Natsu made it through the day, exhausted and his face full of sweat droplets, he bids his team goodbye and smiled when he finally had the time to get to talk to Lucy again-this time, longer than his breaktime.

They stopped in front of the company, Natsu looking over at Lucy to see if she was still with him.

"Sorry if you're uncomfortable travelling by taxi. I didn't want to buy a car without my own house yet." He felt the need to explain, even though he wasn't sure she needed to hear it. But he was glad she acknowledged it.

"No, it's okay. I've never really used any vehicles before. But when will you buy your own house, then?" something she was curious about, but not too curious. Just something to talk about instead of letting the awkward atmosphere in.

"I really think I should only get my own house when I find someone truly special to share it with. It's lonely how I think I'm gonna be alone in a big house once I afford it, right?" Natsu laughed nervously. "Uh, sorry for being too detailed. I'm used to answering without being questioned."

Lucy shook her head at his self doubt. "I think it's interesting to have a detailed answer for once." was this called flirting? Both of them seemed to be enticing to each other but no one seemed to notice or admit it.

Once they made it home, Natsu let Lucy into his room as he hung his coat by the stand beside his door. Lucy sat on the couch in his living room, preparing herself to be asked questions and such.

Natsu sat in front of her, clearing his throat as he handed her a glass of orange juice he had made himself earlier.

"Natsu, is it okay if I ask you something?"

"Of course. Anything." he answered back, anticipating her question.

She sipped from the glass before she continued, "I..I was anxious about you interviewing me, so I wanted to ask what kind of questions you have to ask me."

He pushed his glasses back from sliding down the bridge of his nose, staring deeply into Lucy's eyes. "It's not an interview, Lucy. Just be comfortable and trust me. It's just gonna be as if we're talking casually-literally the first day of school."

Lucy managed to breathe normally again at his reassurance. Natsu leaned over, resting his elbows on his thighs as he started off: "So what do you know, based on stock knowledge and t.v.-"

"Ah, I've never watched t.v."

Natsu gaped at the sight of the younger. He fumbled through his fingers, fishing for a notepad and a pen around the book shelf near the living room. Once he did, he sat down and started jotting down notes he didn't let Lucy take a glimpse of.

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but how did you survive almost your whole lifetime not watching t.v.? Usually, people have it in their house-even if it's just to watch the news." As soon as he finished, Lucy spoke up.

"Ah, we do have t.v., it's just that my aunt never let me watch it after...a traumatic experience that happened when I was 13." She looked away in guilt, feeling her elbow being scratched down by her own nails, trying to calm herself down.

"Interesting." This made Natsu take off his glasses, focusing more on what the blonde had to say. "May I know of what happened with this traumatic incident?"

Lucy simply gulped, laughing nervously as she tried looking with a straight face in front of the older. "I...I..." she started fumbling with her fingers, her eye twitching the moment a few flashbacks flew into her mind. "I just don't want to talk about it."

"Hey, don't worry. Like I said, it's just a casual talk." He shifted his gaze towards the sound coming from the door. There, both of them saw the white-haired woman holding a box of pizza.

"Oh, Lis.." was all Natsu managed to say. The two best friends looked into each others' eyes and both (lisanna and natsu) of them knew, Lisanna was in need of help.

Natsu smiled at the younger as he closed his notepad and simply placed it on top of the dining table. "Uh, Lucy, I'm afraid we're going to have to move our interview in a bit later, or tomorrow. Lis and I have to talk about.. something."

Lucy took a glance at both of them before nodding innocently. She stood up, grabbing her bag and bowed before leaving. "Ah, thank you again for the help, you two." she closed the door gently, going into the other room.

When the coast was finally clear, Natsu let out a deep, frustrating sigh, rubbing both sides of his temples as Lisanna took a sit by the dining room. "What happened?"

"I don't want to tell you." Lisanna just had to choose to play hard to get. She crossed her arms against her chest as she leaned against the chair.

"He cheated again, didn't he?" Natsu and Lisanna had been bestfriends since middle school. Of course, Natsu knew whenever Lisanna needed it. She would always come home with a large pizza box in her hand (sometimes, with booze, too) as a sign.

"Need I say more?" she sighs, resting her head on the palm of her hand.

Natsu continued to look up at her as he removed his glasses. "Hey," he pats his lap and as expected, Lisanna followed. He wrapped his arm around her waist and stared at her, running his hand gently against her soft silky silver hair before he smiled and spoke, "I'm here for you, aren't I?"

Lisanna wrapped her arms around his neck and nodded as an obvious response. "No one's been better than you, bee." as she pulled away from the hug, she instantly brushed her fingers through his spiky hair as she leaned in for a long, thirsty make out.

💄

So, it appears i have been doing this story for almost four months now dkanjs but it feels like the ending is coming near-but not as near as you think, don't worry~ 👀

also, like i said, lisanna's not an enemy here, okay? no hate ya'll. thank you.

btw, how's the story going so far?