17: Cameras, Models and Lunch

"I- I'm sorry?" Lucy tried her best to keep herself sane-mainly because he was the second male stranger she had met for today and the fact that she had seen him before in the convenience store she was supposed to buy her cravings at.

But the stranger didn't seem to notice her uneasiness as she almost stepped a foot back everytime the man took a step toward her. A smile was spread across his face as he held out his arm to meet hers. "Nice to see you again. Hi, I'm Gray. Gray Fullbuster. What brings a lady like you here?"

If he had been this friendly and polite from the beginning instead of sounding like a pervert the first time he actually talked to her, maybe things would've been different. "I'm looking for Natsu Dragneel's office."

"Oh," he scratched the back of his head as he checked the schedule on his clipboard before leading her to the right door. "right this way, right this way. You must be his model, then, huh?"

Her eyebrows furrowed at the thought. How could Natsu immediately tell everyone she was his model without even making sure her conditions met his standards?

A door was opened at the very end of the hall. The man called Gray whistled and yelled as if they weren't really in an office at all. "Yo, Natsu, there's a blondie for you." Gray simply gave her a smile before he left. "Go knock 'em dead. You fit the bill, missy."

"Come in." Natsu's voice echoed coming from the room. Once Lucy entered, she saw Natsu effortfully moving in different ways to capture the model's perfect angles-by her waist, her long legs, her eye glitter make up that shone brightly in the dark room. A lot of staff were just behind him; as whenever he takes a break to see if he were satisfied with his pictures, the make up artists would provide the model assistance in order for her beauty to not easily fade.

Lucy was simply astonished at the very sight right in front of her as she made her way toward him. She lightly tapped his shoulder. Natsu snuck a look and smiled at her presence. "Oh, hey. How did you find the company?"

"Um, Lisanna dropped me off. She thinks I should get to know how models...pose and stuff they do that I don't know." she nodded, feeling stupid over herself for stammering when she was just simply explaining things casually.

"Uh-huh." was all Natsu could think off as a reply, since he was still busy and all, knowing the model had another schedule in a few hours. "Get off the set, I'm ready!" he turned back to Lucy, who seemed to have noticed the change of his tone in his voice, who was startled. "Lucy, uh, I think you should wait for me over there, yeah? I'm pretty busy at the moment, but don't worry, I'm about to finish." he gave her a reassuring smile, causing her cheeks to redden, but she nodded as she went to the back of the room and simply observed how they work.

She remembered seeing Cana having read such magazines when she was younger. Up until now, she never knew why people would want to buy such expensive clothes when they could use it to afford something much more important.

The shoot finished sooner than they thought, Natsu ending it with an encouragement toward his co-workers. "Great job, everyone, as always! Let's take a break and work harder, alright? Good." he grabbed his bag, checking the time on his wrist watch, almost forgetting Lucy was with him.

Lucy walked up to him to walk by his side, feeling secured by being with him rather than to face another male alone. "Uh, Natsu?"

"Oh- Lucy! I'm so sorry, I forgot you were here. Anyway," he took a cup of coffee from a lady passing their way and swallowed enough amount before he spoke. "this is my break. Where do you want to go?"

Lucy shrugged, interlacing her fingers with himself as she hid both of her hands behind her. "I've never really memorized this city-let alone know parts of it."