14: She ran away

{a/n: just so we're clear, lisanna is not an antagonist here. Thank you, enjoy reading~!}

Lucy took a deep breath as she heard the music slipping through the creaks of her bedroom door, wanting to go out there and find Natsu-or maybe even just see a glimpse of him; let Cana see that Natsu is different. He doesn't trigger anything from her trauma at all. But it looked impossible.

The smallest creak she made, an angry Cana was already tapping her foot in front of her with arms across her chest.

Lucy kept on biting her nails nervously, not knowing what to do or what could possibly happen next if Cana catches her again. Just then, one of Cana's workers came by, leaning against the wall beside her door.

"You're Cana's daughter?"

The blonde nodded, "Well, sort of. She's my mother's-" she was cut off when the worker clicked her tongue, raising a hand in the air as a signal to stop her from talking.

"Save it. I'm not interested." she sighs, pulling a cigarette from her pocket, lighting herself one up. "Anyway, I heard your name over the phone. I kind of eavesdropped on her convo."

Lucy gulped, anxious of hearing what the worker had overheard. "W-Who was she talking to?"

The worker scratched the back of her head, stretching her arms out. "I don't know, but she mentioned your name, saying it was urgent-or something like that."

She opened Lucy's bedroom door and closed it once she got in. "Look, do you want me to help you escape or not?"

Lucy's eyes widened, pointing at herself. "Y-You want me to escape? But why? Cana would be disappointed at me. Look, maybe you just overheard, but we made a deal-"

"Doesn't sound like she's keeping her end of the promise."

She ended up shaking her head in disbelief. She still wanted to believe in her Aunt-that she would never betray her like this. It seemed way out of her character. She always had her back and would always understand her situation.

"...could you just at least help me see a guy? I don't think I'm ready to escape. Where would I go?"

The worker sighed, dropping her cigarette into her pocket and pulled me up, "You're 18 years old, wake the fuck up! Shit happens. I'm sure you'll find someone to help you."

Lucy was scared, of course. Go out into Magnolia all by herself? She could barely control herself whenever she sees men walking in the streets when she's alone, what more if she faces everyday life by herself? She clutched on to herself and sat on her bed, still thinking it over.

"Y'know, time's a ticking."

Lucy had closed her eyes and decided, once they open them, she started throwing a lot of her clothes for hand carry-she was going to run away for now.

"What's your name again?" Lucy asked as she started zipping her bag close, carrying it by her shoulder.

"You can just call me Evergreen."

"Listen, Evergreen, I'm only going to stay out for now, until it's really confirmed, please text me whether it's true or not, okay?"

She scoffed, putting her hair up in a messy bun and smirked as she went out my room. "But what if you lose your job because of me?"

She shrugged, "I hate this job anyway." she quickly signalled me to go back into my room as she went halfway down the stairs.

-