21: Approval

[ Lucy ]

Taking big, deep breaths with her eyes closed, her hand hesitant to take the door knob, she flinched at its coldness, but managed to open it, anyway. Natsu patted her head and smiled at her, grabbing her by the elbow. "Don't worry. I know you'll do great."

As they entered, he clapped his hands, making his team gather up in one place. Lucy stared at each and every one of them in awe.

"Alright, listen up! For this theme, I have concluded that we do the sunshine project. Something about the mysterious innocent smiles the model would be doing-that captivates the world. Don't worry about finding one. I give to you, Lucy, er-" The pink headed professional stopped to ask for her last name in a whisper. "What did you say your last name was again?"

Without hesitation, she figured she should hide her identity, whispering a different name.

"Of course. She prefers to be called Lucy Ashley. So anyway, moving on, she's currently college student at my old school and accepted my offer of being the main model for the theme."

The blonde felt uncomfortable with the sudden gasp heard in the air. The buzzing of whispers she could hear made her assume of being judged already. It was torturing her.

I wanna get out of here.

Just then, a woman with long, white hair raised her hand. From what Lucy had observed, she was in charge of planning schedules and enlisting events Natsu needs to be reminded of.

"Yes, Mira?"

"Um, well, technically, we can't hire a student for this project, Mr. Dragneel. Let alone, an unprofessional."

"Mira, when have I ever decided on something so rash? In this sunflower concept, Lucy would be anonymous. As simple as that. She just doesn't have to show her face in the pictures-not a really big deal." Lucy could really feel the tension heating up inside the room now. She could almost feel the slight tension of disagreement among the employees surrounding them.

"But Natsu, this could be dangerous, especially if ever the word got out of a nationwide known photographer like yourself based this month's concept on--" Before Mira can finish her sentence, she looked at the younger; who looked so helplessly clueless of the situation. "a beginner." She let her down easy, not using the offensive term.

"Mira, like I said-that can be arranged after the shoot is done."

"But-"

Just then, Lucy raised her hand up to speak.

But instantly regretted when Natsu immediately called her. "Yes, Lucy, do you have any questions, or suggestions, perhaps?"

"Uh, I would just like to. . .assure everyone that the word will never get out. It will stay here, as promised. After all, Nats- Mr. Dragneel helped me and this is me doing him a favor in return. Please take care of me." The blonde bowed after her dedication speech; hoping that all --even if it's just most-- of them would approve of her commitment.

"Well, what do you say, team?" Natsu smiled at the crowd, waiting for their respond.

It wasn't easy, as expected. A few whispers of discussion were made before the noise finally stopped. All eyes on the two; Natsu and Lucy. Mira stepped forward, waiting for the others to speak of their comment.