9: We m e e t again

Cana stormed inside once Love and Lucky was closed; she scolded the one she hired for making Lucy work at this state. Even though she kept telling her she was fine, she was quite aggressive when it comes to this kind of thing. Ironic.

"if i ever find out one of you pull Lucy back here, i swear to God, i will kick you out." Cana walked out along with Lucy, letting them all go home while they were inside her bedroom, with her sitting on the edge of Lucy's bed.

She takes a long, deep frustrating sigh, rubbing her temples as she ran her hand through her hair. "Lucy," she shifted her gaze to the blonde. "are you sure you're alright?"

Lucy nodded at her worrywart of an Aunt, went to her side and placed her head against her shoulder. "I'm really fine, Cana. I tried to stop her, but then I thought this could be an opportunity for me."

"Opportunity for what?" Cana shook her head, shrugged her shoulders and squinted her eyes at the blonde's statement, completely and undeniably confused.

"To see if I improved. If I could at least control myself from going crazy."

Cana placed a hand on Lucy's knee and stared at her, "Lucy, this is not the most convenient way. I've kept you hidden away from males since you got out of the asylum. I never wanted that to happen ever again. I don't know what it's like to be in there, but I know one can go crazier being stuck in one place -- not seeing the sun or interacting with normal people, instead of doctors who have to testify you before you can go. It's like prison!" with a small gasp for air, she then calmed down. "I love you, remember that."

Lucy nodded without doubting. "I know. You wouldn't have kept me safe if you didn't." it came to her -- the image of the man she met earlier, Natsu. She was reconsidering whether she should tell Cana about her encounter, but decided it wasn't the best time yet.

💄

She arrived a bit earlier the next day; making her professor sigh in relief. "For once, you got it right." the blonde simply rested her chin on one palm of her hand as she 'listened' to his lectures.

She wants to be an author, like her mother dreamed to be, but she wasn't forced, though. She really does want to become one. Although, for her, studying this course is a piece of cake. Since she was 5 , she has been a lover of books, obviously, confident she can survive on her path to becoming a writer even though she doesn't study. Having high grades, she was still curious as to why her professors still don't trust her.

After class , she picked up her stuff and left for the library, somewhat hoping the two she met yesterday wouldn't see her, but she also wants to talk to them, at the same time.

Surely enough, she was spotted. "Hey!"

"Hi.." Lucy replied shortly, receiving both of their smiles.

"You left earlier yesterday. Uh, why?" the one with the blue hair asked. "Yeah, we didn't even get a chance to intro ourselves." The violet haired added, extending a hand over to her. "I'm Laki."

"Levy!" The blue one replied perkily with a funny way of saluting pose.

"Lucy."

Levy grabbed her hand and shook it happily and energetically as if it was about to fall off. "Well, nice to meet you, Lucy! We were wondering, since you're alone and we're in search of a new friend, we're hoping you could-"

Again, she was cut off by Laki. "join our group, what do you say?"

With a timid bow, she shrugged, not really in her right state of mind to even decide. Especially when she was still in crisis whether she still has Androphia or not. But, possibly, these two can help her figure it out. They look like they have a lot of friends. Amongst those friends could possibly be a guy, she could test herself again.

"Alright, it's okay with me."

💄

Upon arriving to class, the first thing the professor said was, "Everyone, we have a visitor today, who will be holding a seminar to encourage students how to achieve your goals with dilligence, confidence and eventually, feel honor through your hardwork."

It sounded boring to Lucy; thinking it would only be chattering and boasting about the host's accomplishments in life. She could use the time to nap, though. But, whatever.

Every students from different classes were there. Well, most of them, to be exact. Lucy went and sat at the vacant seats in the very back, not wanting to draw attention to herself.

With her crossed arms and pulling her hoodie to make sure nobody sees her, she kept patting her head to adjust the hoodie. No sooner than she had expected, the microphone was being sound checked, she almost jumped out of fright but managed to stay composed.

"One, two, one, two - ah, Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, Mr. Dragneel, one of the best alumni of our school, who is now working as a photographer at Fairy Tail Company. Give it up for Natsu Dragneel!"

As the crowd applauded upon his entrance, Lucy found herself slowly lifting her head up to gleam at the presence of the man she had first encountered with ever since her trauma. She gaped, "N-Natsu.."