29: Untold Truth

"Lucy, hurry up or you're gonna be late!" Cana called on her niece as she started fixing herself up against the mirror. She decided to make her employees rest for the day as she's going to take care of Lucy; take her to school, get her home- er, maybe walk around the city for a bit as Lucy pleases. But this is definitely a day for the two of them to bond.

"I'm ready!" And she smiled at the blond who she directed to the cab she called earlier. Once they got in, Cana managed to breathe. After, of course, telling the driver where to stop.

"It feels great, you know? Getting to bond with you again."

"Yeah, same thing." Lucy responded, resting her palm on her lap while looking out the window. Usually she would take the walking route by herself; today, she rides. With her aunt beside her. Not that she suddenly became strict in case she tries to run away again, but only because of the days she went missing.

"I should give you a tour around these parts. Later after school, we can get some hotdogs, maybe ice-cream, if you prefer,"

"Ah, but I'm not a kid anymore, auntie." Lucy wasn't even trying to get out of hanging out with her, but her aunt seemed to have taken it personally.

"Oh, right.."

"But we can go to the library. I like reading books."

"When have I ever laid my eyes on a book?" Cana lets out a laugh, trying to make the atmosphere comfortable between them. And thankfully, it did. "How about going to the amusement park, hm? Natsu didn't mention anything about you two going there. What do you say?"

Lucy nods in agreement. "Yeah, I have never experienced that when I was a kid. Let's do that! I'm so excited." Her aunt kisses her goodbye as they both got out of the cab, paying the man as he drove away. She waves goodbye, sending her off to the entrance, being right on time.

Meanwhile, she's to sit and wait outside of the school by herself, on the bench. Just watching random cars pass by, students coming in and out of the institute. "I really haven't thought this through. Lucy has 2-3 classes, so probably . . . she gets out around 2pm. Maybe I should've stayed at home and met up with her there. . ."

"Cana?" Raising her head, she saw a familiar customer face that caused her to stand up.

"Oh, uh, who are you again?"

"Gray. Gray Fullbuster? We flirted together one time? I'm Natsu Dragneel's co-worker and friend." He extended a hand, trying to gain her trust.

"Right, right," But in truth, she doesn't remember and just tried to remain friendly and casual around this customer. "What brings you here?"

"Ah, well, I was walking down here, anyway. Then I saw you here by yourself." Natsu actually wanted to get coffee and Gray went to get one until his car went past the cab driver where the older got out of along with the blond he didn't like as much. "May I ask what your relationship is with the blond I saw you leaving with?"

"That depends. You're increasing my suspicions. What's it to you?"

The raven-haired man chuckled, "I've seen her around our office. Natsu brought her one time to use as a model for shooting."

Cana's eyes widened, eyebrows furrowed at the sudden outburst of news to her ears. This is not going well for the amusement park after school bonding time. She wraps her arms around her, feeling a bit betrayed. As an adult, she decided to brush it off and deal with Lucy later after school.

"Oh, has she not mentioned that?" Gray may seem like your Mr. Nice Guy on the outside, but he likes doing bad little deeds using his appearance as a distraction. "I'm terribly sorry. We even dressed her up in various clothing no one has seen yet and she's actually the woman we used for the billboard and posters on our building."