16: Natsu's Company

The next morning, as Natsu got out of his room, Lucy was just sitting beside Lisanna's room. She stood up when both looked into each other's eyes.

"Oh, goodness. Lucy, what are you doing up this early?" Natsu lent a hand and helped her stand up from the floor. "Did you need something?"

"Um, I was going to tell you-I'm going to do it; be your model."

Natsu laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck as he did so. "You will? That's great! What made you change your mind, though?"

Lucy pushed her bangs out of the way from her eyes before she spoke. "I'm only going to do it if my face won't be seen. And the concept should be-"

Before she could continue what she was saying, Natsu beat her to it by placing his hands on her shoulders as he nodded. "Don't worry. Leave it to me." he pats the head of the younger and opens the door, pushing her in. "Now, you best be off dozing, alright? You have school tomorrow. And Lucy?"

"Yes?" she turned to face him.

"Thank you for agreeing." he smiled as he waved goodbye and walked toward the elevator, off to his workplace.

-

Later, Lucy got a call from Evergreen. She knew it was her when the name of the called on the screen appeared as 'unknown'. She quickly picked it up, "Well? Is she.. looking for me?"

'Well, duh. But too bad. She didn't fire anyone yet. Damn it.'

Lucy heaved a sigh, "I have a strong feeling she's going to wait for me at my school. What do I do?" she was taken aback when she was harshly scoffed at.

'Who am I to you to help you? Don't even bother asking me about that. I ain't no guardian of yours. I just wanted to get fired.'

The younger put her hands together even though Evergreen wouldn't be able to see her in that position. "Please. I-I don't know the city that well. I haven't been able to get out for so long. I feel so lost, please, Miss Ever."

She heard a sigh over the line, then a distinct sound of a lighter being used. 'There's only one way to reassure Cana doesn't spot you-cut school.'

The blonde's eyes widened in extreme shock. She had never thought of cutting before-nor planned to. If she cuts even for just a day, it could leave her rushing through hell to catch up with her grades. She wanted to graduate more than anything in the world, how could she manage to give it up now that she's so close?

"I-Isn't there any other way, something not school-related?"

'Look, it's either that or you get caught. Finito. End of the road for you.'

"Morning.." Lucy gasped when Lisanna had suddenly greeted her as the older stretched her arms out , walking toward the kitchen to prepare breakfast. "what do you want me to cook for you?"

"Ever, thank you, I hope you just send me a message if ever you got a simpler plan, okay? Bye." she hung up without thinking nor letting the woman say otherwise then made her way to the breakfast table.

"Who were you talking to this early in the morning?" she smirked as she fried some eggs and bacon on the frying pan. "Your boyfriend?"

The younger shook her head, "No, j-just someone I met yesterday." Lisanna sighed, ignoring her story as she tried searching for some salt and something to mix the orange juice with.

"Hey, go and mix this juice, will you? Thanks, that would be nice." she handed Lucy the pitcher full of water and some floating particles of sugar and from the orange pack. On her tip toes, she reached a huge spoon from the cabinet, then started mixing.

The phone from her pocket vibrated, revealing a text message from Ever: send a letter to the school; make an excuse then cut school. that's all i could think of. you're on your own to decide.

Lucy bit her lower lip, furrowing her brows at the thought of leaving her school over being taken away back into the asylum. She breathed, turning around to smile at Lisanna as she prepared her plate. "Thank you for the meal.."

"But wait, aren't you supposed to be in a panicky mode? Y'know, the usual 'Ah! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!' line?"

"Ah, well... I think I'm too dizzy to go, so maybe I'll just be staying here in the apartment. Don't worry, I'll just clean our room while you're away." Lisanna nods, shrugging at her statement.

"It's fine, no need to clean it up. We have a maid to do that. Oh, would you want me to drop you off somewhere, though? I know teens like you-easily bored when you're stuck at home." she scrunched her nose as she started cleaning the dishes.

But, in all honesty, Lucy would rather be stuck in bed all day, read books or work on her manuscript-anything just to be alone in her new home.

But it doesn't seem like her wish would be granted.

"Oh, hey, I can drop you off Natsu's work place. Y'know, study how models pose and see if you could help Natsu think of a great concept that describes you." she smiled with anticipation as she grabbed her keys and bag. "What do you think?"

Lucy merely shrugged at the though, shaking her head, "I- I-"

"Great! I'll wait for you by my car. Go and get dressed." she made her way out of the door, leaving Lucy with her anxious thoughts of going out in public.

-

Lisanna smiled at the desk as she explained why she's letting Lucy stay . The ladies in charge of visitors seemed to have agreed, considering the fact that Lisanna is a close friend of Natsu's and he was considered one of the top ten best photographers of the company.

"Thank you~" Lisanna walked over to Lucy, who was seated nearby. "Lucy, remember, Natsu's on the fourth floor. Just simply ask the staff where he is whenever they pass by and you'll see him. Bye, and have fun!" as Lisanna's heels clicked away from her, Lucy stood up, pressing on the button beside the elevator and went in.

"What floor?" Lucy pasted her back against the wall in surprise. A man was asking her something, but she couldn't quite comprehend it. It was triggering yet again, but before he was about to reach her hand, she shook her head to speak up.

"F-Fourth floor, please." she shuddered at the thought of her skin almost contacting with his-even if it was just with his hands.

The elevator guy simply kept his thoughts to himself, even applying hand sanitizer at the anxiety that his hands might've been the cause why Lucy acted so repulsively.

The moment the elevator sounded ding! Lucy managed to breathe easier, watching the machine close doors as she made her way to different doors in the hallway.

She could see a lot of grown ups passing by her without a care, she knew she was supposed to be asking where Natsu works but was afraid of doing so.

"You."

She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a familiar man standing a few feet from her, pointing at her with a gaped mouth.