15: His Best Friend

Cana abruptly turned the table in front of her upside down as she glared at each of her workers, one-by-one. She ran a hand through her hair and with her raspy voice, she still spoke.

"Where is Lucy?"

Evergreen, who had helped the young one escape, stayed silent, acting as if she had nothing to do with her disappearance. Cana was right in front of her now, with eyes pained from the betrayal. But she did not move an inch.

"As soon as I find out who helped her-you're fired." she announced before she went into Lucy's room, hoping to find clues as to where she had run off to.

Ever sighed in despair, "Oh, really now? I'm not getting fired today. Fucking great."

💄

No sooner had they arrived to the place Lucy was recommended to. Natsu got off, grabbing Lucy's hand carried bag and led Lucy to the front desk.

"Uh, thank you, Mr. Dragneel-"

"You can just call me Natsu, really. It's uncomfortable for you to call me mister." he smiled as he was about to go in.

"Okay, Natsu. I don't think it's a good idea for me to stay under the same roof with you." Lucy bluntly stated, trying to grab her bag back.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. There's a vacant room just across mine."

Natsu and Lucy walked in to check at the front desk. There, he was greeted by the lady operating the apartment. "Mr. Dragneel!"

"Hi, uh, can I check her in to room 406? That vacant room across mine? Nobody's taken it yet, right?"

The lady frowned, biting her lower lip as she typed on to her computer. "Mr. Dragneel, I'm afraid that room has already been taken just about an hour ago."

Natsu's eyes widened, making him push his glasses back on, "Eh? But it's been vacant for quite a while now. May I ask who the owner is?"

The lady simply smiled and shook her head, "Now, Mr. Dragneel, you know our policy here-never reveal the owner behind their doors." she chuckles as he was laughing nervously in front of her.

"Alright." Natsu gestured Lucy to come with him, grabbing her by her wrist and into the elevator they went. When they heard ding! Natsu led Lucy into his apartment, opening the lights on and placed Lucy's bag onto his couch. "Make yourself at home."

Lucy was simply in awe at how a simple apartment could look so extravagant. She had never seen a place fixed like this before. Meanwhile, she saw Natsu pouring two glasses of orange juice by the kitchen counter. "Here. I'm sure you're tired." he handed the juice over to the blonde.

"Thanks." she drank from the glass. "I'm really sorry, Natsu, but I still can't stay here."

"I know. I'm a 21-year-old man and you're still a teenager. People might get the wrong idea." he started scratching the back of his neck. "But tell you what, tomorrow, I'm going to find you a place to stay, just sleep one night here, I promise."

Lucy shook her head, "No, there's no need for that, thanks, I appreciate your offer. I can find a place on my own." she was about to walk out the door when suddenly, a girl with short white hair came in with open arms, jumping into Natsu's arms. "Natsu!"