8: Re-opening

cana was the manager and the bouncer of her own bar, which made people laugh at the idea but seeing as she was doing a pretty good job at this, a lot of customers started adding up.

"Hey!" Cana lifted her arm and slammed it against the wall when someone tried to walk in. It made the young man, who looked around his early 20s stop and look at her as she led his chin toward her eyes.

"Y-yes, ma'am?"

The brunette lifted a brow at this one, full of suspicion. "Do I know you from somewhere?" she grabbed his arm, sneakily rubbing her fingers against his back. "perhaps, a one night stand?"

The guy grabbed both of her arms, gently placing them back in front of her, laughing nervously, "Ah, this is my first time here, actually.. I-uh, came with a friend."

Cana's eyes widened, it was the first time a man actually turned her down. "Interesting."

Soon enough, a raven-haired guy came, panting for his life with droplets of sweat coming from his forehead. "Hey, sorry man, I got caught up and uh-" he stopped talking when he saw the brunette, biting his lip as he went near her. "Hey, cutie."

Cana chuckled, flipping her hair, "Calm down, tiger, this mama's a viper." she snarled seductively against the stranger who was near enough to close the deal with his lips.

Thankfully (for the audience raring to go inside), they stopped at the raven haired man's friend, who coughed, "Gray, I think it's best if you could just wait until we get in?"

The man called Gray cleared his throat and kissed the brunette's hand, "Catch up with me later?" with that said, Cana brought out a card from her cleavage and handed it smoothly to him, "Call me."

Gray bit his lip once more before entering into the bar, where numerous people started dancing all over the place. As soon as he heard the music, he started bopping his head, raising his arms up into the air. He grabbed his comrade's hand and yelled, "Are you having fun?! This is what you call a party!"

"I prefer not to, Gray!" He yelled back, letting go of his grip as he escaped the crowd. "I-I'll be over here." he managed to release a good long sigh when he finally found a seat, taking a peek to find the bartender.

💄

"Lucy!" The blonde grumbled at the voice of the caller. She was lying on hee back on her bed, but rose up when she heard the music start up for the bar. Walking towards the door, she saw one of Cana's workers (a woman in her early 20s) open the door with her arm resting on her hip. "What is keeping you? Come on, we have work to do."

Lucy was a bit flustered, remembering she was a new employee. "Oh, no, you see, I-I can't--"

Unfortunately, she was cut off when she got pulled out of her room. Though the many times she tried to make her let go, she couldn't. Somehow, she took this as a challenge--to see whether she was already prepared for men (unlike earlier, which was not a good start for her). She's determined to keep it all in; act cool as if it's just another casual work for her.

There, she was placed as the bartender. Clearing her throat with her back facing the customers, she took long, deep breaths before she welcomed each of their customers. So far, things went well, no signs of perverted maniacs; not all looked decent but at least no one was hitting on her. Maybe her hair was doing the trick. Or possibly the way she dressed--covered up with long pants and a loose shirt.

"Um, miss?"

She turned around to see a new face at Love and Lucky; he was definitely a new guy. Cautiously, she approached him, resting her arms on the table as he listened for his request. "Yes, sir?"

"Good evening, I'd like a glass of water, please."

He was very different from the men that have entered here; good-looking with his pair of glasses, the way he spoke was ever so elegant and gentle-like, even his choice of drink was contradicting the impression she has generalized on every man. "Uh, is it your first time here?"

He nods timidly, "Is it that obvious?"

The blonde nods back, "Yes. But, uh, how come you came all the way here for.." she cut herself off by the noise the water jug was making as she poured it to his glass. "a glass of water?"

He chuckles shyly, adjusting his glasses as he drank. "I'm sorry, I'm not really a fan of drinking or partying, whatsoever. I was actually only invited by a friend, who's uh.." he turned around to see his colleague dancing widly, surrounded by women. "uh, well, having the time of his life, I presume."

"I see." was all Lucy commented. Weirdly enough, she found herself attracted-- no, she was feeling comfortable talking to a stranger who's a male, which is very contradictive to her Androphobic self. Or perhaps, he could possibly be someone who can help her be cured of herself. "I'm sorry if this seems too forward, but may I know your name?"

"Oh," he takes off his glasses to wipe the fogged up sight and said, "Natsu. Natsu Dragneel." he extends his hand out, a bit conscious on Lucy's side.

"Uh, Lucy." she replied as she slowly grabbed his hand, he began shaking it firmly then let go in a quick manner.

"You actually work here, Lucy?" Lucy shook her head at his question. "No, my aunt owns the place. You probably met her, the brunette."

"Oh," he chuckles softly. "Yes, it would seem so. She's...quite an expert at this, isn't she?" then took another huge gulp of water and sighed as he wipes the excess off his chin.

Lucy sat on the table and started tapping on it with her finger. "Well, i guess, yeah. I think she's been the manager even before I was 3." she stared down at the pink-haired boy, her eyes flickering with curiousity. He didn't touch me; he doesn't even constantly look at my body, but--his eyes always matched with mine. Or maybe because it was his first time here?

most probably.

"Err.." Natsu gulped nervously when he looked at the time on his wrist watch. "speaking of which, i think i have to go." he stood up, dusting himself, offering Lucy his pay.

But the blonde shook her head, "Uh, water is on the house."

"Really? Oh, but you and I had a friendly chat, hmm? So, accept this as a token of our friendship." to Lucy, he talked like an old man. Someone who really thinks this is just a 'friendly' conversation when in truth, Lucy wanted to know more about him.

"Thanks." was all the blonde replied. As Natsu left, lifting his hat off as a sign for his goodbye, he was about to go out when Lucy called.

"What about your friend?"

He looked into the crowd, even using his tip toes to see whether he can spot his colleague. Sadly, he didn't. "I best be on my way. Gray, he's the party expert."

"What's keeping you from partying, then, your wife?" Lucy snorted a bit at the thought.

Natsu chuckled, shaking his head. "No, no, I, uh, am not a fan of big crowds, see."

Lucy nodded in response. "Alright. I'll pass the message." with that said, finally, he left in a hurry, leaving Lucy to her thoughts, resting her chin on top of her hands.

"I hope he comes back."