10: His touch

As he tapped the mic with his fore finger, he blew on it, chuckling awkwardly, "A pleasant morning to all of you. I'm Natsu Dragneel, one of this school's alumni. I'm not quite famous yet, so I prefer not being called as one of 'the best'."

"Natsu.." Lucy managed to utter out, holding on to her mouth to let no gasp come out from it. She wasn't prepared to see him again, wanting to escape the seminar - but if she does, she may be called upon and be put in front, grab all attention. She decided to stay put, biting her lower lip and dragging the hoodie down to her whole forehead.

"To be honest," Natsu started speaking again. "it wasn't my first dream, to become a photographer. I, uh, i-it was a tough choice to choose between that and my real passion-and that is to be a multimedia artist." A few in the crowd gasped and a few mutterings were made, making the speaker grin a bit. "I know, too relatable, am I right?"

The blonde gently pulled her hoodie up to see him gathering his self-confidence as he took the mic off its stand, circling around the room, coming from the stairs of the stage. "I know this generation has a lot of confusion going on, especially about peer pressure and parents being practical, blocking the youth's real dream. Some of you may have chosen this career just because his/her friends all had the same choice," he gestured to the next section to give an example. "The others had dreams, but of course, their parents might have thought it wasn't practical for them to pursue, therefore, forcing them to find something they least liked, for the sake of surviving this world."

"So what is he saying?" Lucy heard the person next to her speak to her friend. "I know, right? He's obviously completely biased of our parents forcing us. Like, hello?"

It mae Lucy grip on to the hem of her hoodie, grunting under her breath, although she wasn't really a friend of the speaker -- she was just the bartender that night he met her.

"..but, I'm not saying that these are all the solid reasons as to why you picked your course now, I'm looking at it at the perspective of hasty generalization, after all. But, you know what?" Natsu stopped speaking when his eyes laid on Lucy's. The two felt a sudden connection after recognizing their presence; it made Natsu stutter, but with a smooth recovery, he gathered back his point, walking past her.

"I'm on both sides-parents just remind you that the world cannot submit to you easily, you have to work for it. But that doesn't mean you can't choose something you enjoy, they just..worry for your future." Natsu cleared his throat as the crowd applauded, his eyes meeting the blonde's -- again.

💄

"Well done, Mr. Dragneel." the principal reached out his hand to shake his old student's, proudly patting him on the back.

Natsu bowed timidly as he shook his hand with the principal's, "Thank you, sir. I-I wasn't prepared, so I apologize-"

"Nonsense! That was absolutely inspiring of you to say to these kids. They're gonna need it." and so, the principal smiled once again, shaking his hand.

In Lucy's perspective, she was one of those who came out of the room late, just to see Natsu talking with the principal. Unknown to her the reason why she wanted to talk to him; perhaps of their incomplete conversation last night?

"Uh, hi?" the blonde was completely taken aback once Natsu made his way in front of her, making her stumble against the stacked pile of plastic chairs. "Whoa, whoa, that was close." he cleared his throat as he backed away a little, tucking both of his hands inside his pockets. "So, you work at night and you go to school here?"

All Lucy could reply was by nodding her head, not bothering to look up at him.

"Well, you could've told me," he softly chuckled, patting her head, making her eyes widen at the sudden action. "that way, we could've talked a lot longer. But tell you what, I could go to Love and Lucky's later? Of course, if you don't have homework." Though he was chatty and excited to be talking to her again, all she could think of, was the hand that touched her head.

"..uh, it would seem as though you're thinking of something problematic." he placed a hand on her shoulder, almost making her jump at the electricities and chills it sent her down to her spine. "You can call me if you want a talk, okay?"

He turned his heel around and walked to the opposite way, making Lucy slide down onto the ground, leaning her head against the metallic bars by her side. She stared at her shoulder, gently patting her head in fear. She clasped onto her hand, almost making it bleed from the whiteness it had become due to her tight grip.

"No... No, oh, fuck, no..." she gripped on to the strands of her hair as she wrwpped her legs close to her chest. "It's happening... I-It's happening... again..."

i'm remembering.