Chapter 6

Bennet looked between the two of us with his eyebrow cocked. "Am I missing something? It's not like there are still things going on. Why are the two of you so freaked out?", he asks.

    Acid just looked away, letting out a breath. "It's nothing, baby. Don't worry about it. Did you wanna go walk around?", I ask him, my heart still beating quickly in my chest.

   He nods and stands up. "Yes, please. I wanted to go check out the art studio, see the talent you guys have going on here", he says as he smiles, the momentary confusion completely gone from him.

   Acid hops up as well. "I'm gonna go get washed up, considering I'm still in my pajamas. I'll catch up with you guys soon, alright?", he says. I nod and take Bennet's hand and lead him out of the room.

   We walk out of the dormitory and I keep a tight but comfortable grip on Net's hand. I loved him being here. I loved him. Therefore; I didn't want anything happening to him. Scary things were happening, I certainly didn't want my boyfriend involved.

   We walked across the grass and his eyes seemed to scan across the campus. "It's really beautiful out here. It all seems like a movie. You know the part in the most recent Cassandra Clare book? Valentine and his fiends were gathered around under a tree on campus. This is what I imagined it looking like", he says, rambling slightly.

   I nod, staying silent. I was looking around at the people. One of these human beings could have killed the janitor in the college basement. Now they could be out for more blood. "Brookline?", Bennet says, tugging on my hand lightly.

   I look over at him and let out a soft "hm?". I didn't mean to ignore him or not pay attention to me. Like I said, I was worried about the people around here, and the fact that someone died here.

    "You just seemed to be slightly spaced out. What's on your mind? Is it the Asylum thing that I mentioned early? Babe, you don't have to worry about that", he says. I just simply nod. I wasn't going to tell him about what was happening.

   We continue to walk to the art place. He squeals slightly as we look at all of the surrounding paintings and such. "I hate people with talent, I swear", he huffs. I let out a soft laugh and shake my head. He continues to ramble about how much he envies people who can draw and write. "Sure, I have the piano thing going for me. But you should have seen my brother's old paintings. They were incredible".

    We look around at those for a while before walking around again. Net was in such a lovely mood, despite everyone around him seeming slightly on edge.

   "Did you know that I got a puppy?", he asks softly. I shake my head and look over at him. "Okay, okay. He's technically not mine, he's my friends. But he said I could be part owner?".

   "The dog said you could be part owner?", I ask him, causing him to giggle. He leans into me as we walk. "Babe... something is going on, tell me".

   I take a deep breath and then to him. But before I can say anything, police and ambulance sirens ring out.