Chapter 16

"What kind of psycho path puts together a scavenger hunt for a bunch of college kids?", I say as I walk with some blonde girl and a short boy whom I've nicknamed sweater. Mainly because he has a sweater on, that's all. "I mean, this is ridiculous. We have to travel all around campus for this shit?".

   "Maybe we should stop complaining and keep an eye out. Who has the clues?", the blonde girls says. She's known as the blonde girl, she doesn't deserve a cute nickname. She's a b*tch, those get stitches. She looks around and sweater looks over at me and raises the clues. I get the idea and smirk slightly.

   "Well my golly, I don't know! Did you drop them?", I ask her. Her face gets red and she stops in her tracks. "Easy, Goliath. Go back and try to find them". She rolls her eyes and flips her long blonde hair and stomps all her 5'5 self away from us. "Finally".

    Sweater walks beside me closely. "I'm actually a bit freaked out about this", he admits and I take the time to look over at him. He was very thin, quite tall, and had black hair that looked to be the softest thing in the entire world. I held back the urge to ask him what products he uses.

   "I mean, there was already a man killed on this campus. And a chick came out covered with blood. Something is going on, Brookline", he continues. I look over at him with an eyebrow raised. "I work for the college newspaper, I have to know all the big sports players". He shrugs slightly and I nod. "Anyway, now this. It seems a bit...culty to me is all".

  I nod. I know exactly what he means. The expression on the guys face when he announced that we were going to be playing a game was unsettling to the highest degree. He looked angry, vengeful. It was a bit scary. But I was determined to not let it freak me out. "Hey, we're gonna have fun", I turn to him, making him stop. "Make the best of it, yeah?". He reluctantly nods and we start walking again.

    "Look down at your clues, what's the 1st one?", I tell him. He looks down and hums lightly ad he does. I couldn't help but what him. He wasn't hot. He was almost too thin and had a lot of hair and over all, he reminded me of a really pale noodle. But he was beautiful. His eyes were this moonlight gray color. His skin was fair.

   "Brookline?", he says and snaps a finger in front of my face. "Why are you looking at me like that?". I snap out of my trance and blush softly. "I- Uh.." I stutter.

   He waves me off and looks back down. He begins reading.

   The moonlight is bright.

   The colors are right.

   Find me where magic happens.

   Or tonight might be the end of your life. (A/N:I'M NOT A POET I SUCK AT THIS BARE WITH ME)

   "Easy!" I snap my fingers and look over. Sweater's face was drained of color. "You okay? The end of your life thing is pretty...out there, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. But I think it wants us to go to the art center".

    He runs a hand down his arm as we walk, but it wasn't cold at all. Not to mention, he had a sweater on. "Won't it be closed off for the night?", he mumbles. I could tell that the end of the riddle really messed with him.

    We go quickly. "So what are we suppose to be getting? A tiny... spiderman figure?", I ask, mostly to myself. I spot it immediately hidden in the bushes. "Well look at that, Sweater! Easy like peas, my dude". I grab it and gaze at it. It was small enough to drop into my pocket so that's what I did. I rub my hands together and Sweater reads the next line.

      In the garden is where I'm stored

      Hidden under the grass

     Take me and let's soar.

  We exchange a glance. "That's a lot more mile then the other one",  Sweater says with an eyebrow raised.  I shrug and think for a second.

   "I told you that they're harmless, didn't I?", I say, causing him to shrug. "I really have no idea where a garden is around here.." I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

   We stand for a few minutes, blurting out dumb ideas. Obviously none of them were right. "Wait a minute" he turns to me. "Grass... garden. There's a flower garden thing in the quad or whatever it's called. I've seen you under the tree several times. I bet that's it!", Sweater yells and takes off running. I don't question it, considering it made the most sense.

   We get to it and he sorts through the bushes on the ground a bit away from the tree. "Look!" He grabs something and stands up with a wide smile. It was a small Christmas ornament.

   "Well done, sweater!", I cheer. We go on like this for about an hour. They were all quite mild and simple. It didn't go from simple to hard, it was all mixed together.

   The last one, though....that was a tough one.

         Remember your childhood

         The hardships and trials.

          Don't worry your head

          I'm were animals are stored.

    Sweater throws his arms up. "That doesn't even rhyme? What the f*ck does that mean? I had a lovely childhood" he huffs and shakes his head. My heart sinks slightly. No way anyone could know about my childhood.

    "The answer is obviously a barn. There's one like...500 feet away from the edge of the campus", I say simply. I didn't tell him about the fact that the riddle could be about me. We simply walked as Sweater tried to convince me he had a good childhood. It isn't as if he needed to convict me though.

    We arrive at the barn and there were flash lights waiting for us. They had "SEARCH" sprayed on them with white paint. We both take one and go into the large wooden structure.

    Even inside, Sweater didn't shut up. I simply tried to search for what it said we needed on the list. "Gas Can" was the last one on the list. I chew on my bottom lip and my hands seemed to shake. I couldn't get the "Remember your childhood" thing out of my brain. It was so strange.

    "My name is Alec by the way. Alec Montgomery. Son of a preacher man", Sweater says. He seemed to be very proud of that. There was nothing wrong with that, but I hope his pride isn't misplaced in a hateful man.

    "Hey! I found the gas can!", Alec (sweater), says. I look up and see him picking it up. Then and noise sounds...and the barn that we're both inside.. bursts into flames.

(LONG CHAPTER BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT. SORRY MY RIDDLES SUCKED. BYE)