Chapter 11

The next morning, I walk out with my bag slung over my shoulder. I had slept horribly the whole entire night. I kept tossing and turning as if something or someone was keeping me awake. It was horrible to say the least.

   I walk out of the dorm room and look around. It seemed to me that everyone had the same expression that I had. Exhausted. Maybe everyone had trouble sleeping last night? Who knows, maybe the beds are horrible and we hadn't noticed it until last night?

    People seemed to be slugging, much like I was doing. All except for one person. I almost stop in my tracks when I see them sneaking out of a dorm room. It was Acid, sneaking out of Charlotte's room. I cock an eyebrow and simply cross my arms when he sees me. He doesn't say anything, or even come close to me. He just ducks his head and runs off.

    I continue walking, shaking my own head. I wasn't even going to waste brain cells thinking about that kid. I was done with this bull sh*t. I just wanted to live the college experience. I was ready for it.

   I walk completely out of the dormitory and head out to my first class. I sit through it, taking notes when I need to and giving it my full attention. This was part of the experience. I was going to do it right.

   I went on with all my classes, happily, even. I hum softly as I walk, even putting a little kick in my step. Then, it seems to all sink a little when I see Malachi Jordan approach me.

    I still loved Bennet with everything in me. Every source of my being lived just to be with him. I was going to go to dinner with Malachi as a friend. Just a little friendship dinner, nothing more than that. But it still stung not to even get the text he promised. There wasn't a reason, it just sucks.

    "I can explain", he says as he approaches me completely. His hands were up in a surrender. Or maybe it was to stop me from brushing passed him, even though I'm not sure how that'd stop me. "I forgot to text you".

    I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms. "You forgot to text me? How do you just forget to text someone that you were having dinner with?", I reply, not believing his story at all.

    He starts chuckling and I almost push passed him. "Dude. I swear. I was literally sitting there, in the restaurant. I was basically furious that you hadn't showed up. I was pissed. Then like, an hour after getting there, I realize something", he pauses and looks at me. "I realized I didn't even text you".

   I can't help but to bust out laughing. "F*ck off. You're full of sh*t", I'm able to get out. He was laughing too. "No way! You sat there for an hour before you realized you hadn't texted me?". I cover my mouth with my hand. People were looking at us as if we were crazy.

   He nods. "I swear, my dude", he keeps laughing, not caring who heard or saw. "Hey, I know it's only Tuesday, but would you wanna come to a party a random frat is having Friday?".

   Think of the experience, Brook. I then smirk and nod. "F*ck yeah".