Chapter 12

"A month without uploading he comes back with a tag", I rap to myself as I scribble down the words for the paper I had to write for English. "That no one even tagged him-", my words are quickly interrupted by the dorm door swinging open.

I look over to see Acid with bags under his eyes. To say he looked awful was an understatement. He looks so tired and just... sad. "Woah, Acid gummy bear has lost his acid. What's up?" I close my notebook and look at him.

He doesn't even meet my eyes. "I'm just tired", he mumbles as he crawls into bed. "Life is tiring, man. I'm just so so tired". I keep my eyes on him.

"Talk to me, dude. Tell me what's got you so tired? Is it your school work? We don't have any of the same classes but I can get you some help? What's your major? You know my boyfriend is pretty smart, he might be able to help", I ramble aimlessly. Tired. There's 2 different types of tired. There's the sleep related one, and there's the life related one. I'm pretty sure he's the second, which is terrifying.

"It's not my school work", he finally looks at me from under his cover. "I told you, it's life. Life is exhausting. And the worst part? There's no f*cking way to stop the every moving events of it. The earth is always turning, I'm always breathing. I just want it to stop, just for a few seconds". His voice was now coming out as more of a whisper.

I run a hand through my brown hair that desperately needs a hair cut. "When I was younger, I wanted a break too. I just wanted to sit in my room without the world constantly turning. But I couldn't do it", I slowly shrug. "Then, when I got older. Say... a year and some ago. I met someone".

He looks at me to continue. "When we would sit together, and just talk, everything seemed to stop. The world stopped turning, the voices stopped speaking. It was just him and I. It was all perfect", I continue.

I see him smile a little. "Bennet seems lovely. Perfect, even" he says. I shake my head. "I know, I know. No one is perfect. Tell me one instance where he did you wrong".

"He hit me once", I say and Acid's eyes widen. I chuckle. "I'm kidding. Well, I'm not. But I was sleeping under a tree when it was raining. Then when the guy with the gun went away, Net hit me. Slapped me right on the cheek. He was scared". I smiled at the memory, even though it wasn't particularly a happy one.

   Acid looks at me longingly, then takes a breath. "He sounds lovely", he says softly. I nod and look down at my beeping phone.

  It was a picture sent from an unknown number. I raise an eyebrow as I click the link. Then my heart dropped when I saw the actual picture.

  It was Net...kissing some other guy.