Chapter 21

"Climbing out the backdoor, didn't leave a mark. No one knows it's you, Mr. Jackson", Malachi sings, changing miss to Mr, considering that was apparently Acid's last name. I glare over at him and he chuckles.

   "It isn't funny" I sigh and start chewing on my nails. "Acid wasn't even anywhere near the party, why would he even be arrested?" I think out loud and look over at my boyfriend, whom was now staring down at his own phone. I furrow my eyebrows and I start piecing memories back together.

    Charlotte was arrested a couple months ago.

   Acid was seen coming out of her dorm room the next day.

  What was he doing there in the first place? Did they know each other before? Could they have been starting something? Could the party become a trigger for more things to come?

  You know what they say, the past repeats itself. Creepy asylum shit happening years ago, today, creeping shit happening again. Why did I have to be apart of it?

    Before my thoughts can assume me any more, a pretty nurse with the skin color of milk chocolate enters my room. "Hello" she smiles and looks down at the clip board in her hands. Brookline Hamilton?", she looks back up, as if looking for confirmation that that was me. I nod and she looks back down. Her neck must get sore. "You're free to go".

   I hide my excitement and just nod. When she leaves, I pull the blankets off of me and stand up. "Tell me you brought me clothes" I beg to Malachi and he just shrugs and points to a bag on the floor. I grab it and open it. Thankfully, there were fresh clean clothes for me.

    "I'd take credit for it but nah, I didn't do it. It was Miles", he says. I look over at him with a raised eyebrow. Who? "Miles- Acid. His name is Miles. The officer said that like 45 minute ago". My mouth forms an "oh" and I just nod.

   I take my clothes into the bathroom and change into the gray loose fitting t-shirt and the black jeans. I push my hair back. When I enter back into my room, Net is gone and Malachi is cleaning up the room. Making sure we didn't leave anything. "Where'd Bennet go?", I ask and Malachi just points out into the hallway.

   I decide to give him privacy and only walk out when Malachi is ready. I have to sign some papers but after that, I'm free to go. We find Bennet in the waiting room, talking into his cell phone as he paces. I glance over at Bennet and he shrugs. So we decide to wait for him to finish.

   When he is finished, he walks over to us and sighs. "That was my mom. She's really bugging out about what happened. She says she can't control you, but she can control me so she's making me come home", he says, frowning. I frown too but nod.

   "It's probably for the best. You gotta go right now?", I ask. He nods and wraps his arms around me. He tells me to be good and safe, then kisses me and walks off.

   When we're finally at the dorms again, I fumble for my dorm key and look back. Only to discover that Malachi had disappeared. Weird.

   I unlock the door and push it open. Inside, my entire dorm was destroyed. My clothes were out of the dresser, posters were torn down. Everything was on the floor. And on wall that the beds were against...

   Was a huge drawn red pentagram.

(A/N: TELL ME YOUR THEORIES PLEASE)