Chapter 24

It isn't like it is in the movies. No one had cloaks on and there wasn't a person in the middle with blood dripping down this arms. That..would have been interesting. Still, it was absolutely horrifying.

    "We have to finish what we started", says a woman. She was the only one standing up and she moved into the center of the people and I bite down on my lower lip. "We didn't succeed. But we did get the police off of our trail".

    A sigh of relief slips from my mouth and I quickly cover my mouth in hopes that no one heard me. Thankfully, no one looked over. If the police weren't on their trail then that means Acid isn't involved in this horrifying group of people. I don't know what they're doing here or what their plans are. But when you see a bunch of people in a dim lit room, it can't be good.

    "Can someone tell me why we targeted Brookline Hamilton?", The tall lady whom I mentioned earlier says. I risk a step so I can get a better look at her. She was tall and her hair was cut short red. Holy shit...that was one of my professors? Did she just say my name?!

   "Because he's well known. He was anticipated at this school and we wanted to show everyone that we're here and not afraid", Malachi pops up and I narrow my eyes at him. They targeted me. So the barn thing wasn't an and accident and they didn't just choose my dorm room for fun.

  What did they mean by they wanted to show everyone that they're here? Who's here and what are their plans? None of this made sense.

      "But it didn't work, did it?", My apparently satanic teacher says. I couldn't recall her name on the spot due to my mind being jumbled. How did my life even come to this? What the actual f*ck?

    "That isn't the reason that we chose him anyway. It's comical that you think that is the main reason we chose him. Yes. He was anticipated. But do you realize who his father was?", she continues. My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. My dad- the one who tried to kill me- was the reason that I was being targeted? Well, one of the reasons. "Dr Hamilton was a genius". I beg to differ! "Can anyone tell me why he was a genius?".

    "He wasn't afraid of doing what was needed for science. Even risked his sons life. When his wife cut off the experiments, he killed them all. Except for Brookline", a short thick girl pipes up. I glare at her. She doesn't know the entire story. I was tortured.

    "Yes indeed", my professor smiles widely and turns her head and looks directly at me. "And he's here with us today".