Chapter 9

My classes finally began today. I only had classes about 3 days out of the week, which is pretty damn cool. But it also gives me more time to think about last week. What happened in the basement of the dorms, and the other basement. Why Charlotte was covered in blood. And the fact that Bennet swore he'd never ever come back to visit me in college.

   In a couple of years, Bennet will be in college and I'll almost be finished. But there'd still be a year or two that we could be in college together. But now that was all going to hell because he'd never come here. He made that clear.

    I walk out of the science building to find my religion class. I look down at my map, silently wishing I had tried to find my classes prior to this. I chew on my lip and run smack into something tall and broad.

   I look up to see a tall boy with black hair and really nice brown eyes. "Oh, my bad" he says as he brushes himself off. Now, I'm a tall mother f*cker. But this dude...was a tall mother f*cker. He had to be at least almost 7 feet tall. "Where are you headed?" He takes a glance at my map.

   "I'm trying to get to Mr. Jadens class for religion. I'm sure I can manage though", I say and run a hand down my arm. His stare was almost piercing.

     "Maybe I can help you. I'm pretty sure I have the same class", he replies, this time, his southern accent really coming out. I'm not gonna lie, I almost hit the floor. It was so perfect. I run a hand through my hair as I look up at him, then started wondering how long ago it had been since I actually looked up at someone.

    I reluctantly nod and he starts walking. "So, Brookline Hamilton, most anticipated freshman football player, why this school?", he asks as we walk. I'm a tad taken aback. It's true that I was indeed playing football here, and maybe my coming was a bit anticipated, but I suppose I didn't know the extent of it.

    "Umm...", I tilt my head, then it hits me. "You're Malachi Jordan!", I explain loudly and stop dead in my tracks. Then turns slowly to me with a silly grin on his face and shrugs. "Oh my god! Everyone was so shocked when you transfered to an unknown college! You're huge in the college basketball world! Why the f*ck are you here?!". All my words seemed to come out in one breath. But he didn't seem to mind.

   "Well, make an impression on me and I may tell you later", he turns around after sending me a quick wink. Then starts walk again. I follow behind him, my body now full of excitement. My uncle always talked about how incredible this player was and how he dropped off the edge of the world.

   When we finally arrived at the steps, he turns to me and smiles. "Tell you what... you go to dinner with me tonight, as...friends. And I'll answer everything you wanna know", he smirks.

   "Oh...uh", I begin. What was I going to say to him? He was a college legend. And he said that it was just as friends.

   I bite my lip before nodding. Be grins again and hands me his phone. I put in my number quickly and hand it back to him. "I'll text you the details", he winks before walking off.

(A/N: TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS)