Chapter 22

"I already told you that I don't know who would sneak into my room", I sigh as I sit on the other side of a table, 2 police officers on the other side. The interrogation was just gray walls and a tiled wall.

    "Look, Brookline" the man of the 2 says and stands up, shuffling his papers. "I don't think that you're responsible for the vandalizing that went on in your dorm. But I don't believe that that's all it was. Now, you said you don't think your friend Miles was responsible? Don't you think it's odd that you didn't even know his real name? Just a nickname that you gave him".

    I fall silent at that. "They checked the cameras, remember? They proved that no one was in there" I sit back and cross my arms.

   The 2 exchange a glance and they raise an eyebrow once they look back at me. "Actually, Brookline. We never said that", the female says. They turn the computer monitor towards me and I lean forward with my elbows on the table.

    The video recording starts and it's the outside of my dorm room. "Okay. Like I said no one's the-", I begin but stop when I see someone coming towards the door in the video. I lean forward a little closer to see who it is.

   Sure enough, Miles was walking up to the door. I watch as he opens the door and slips inside, my heart pounding now. He had become one of my best friends and now he was out to get me. He was still my best friend though

     "This doesn't prove anything", I say, sitting back and crossing my arms, trying to pretend that I wasn't actually freaking out. But in reality, I was freaking out. This proved a lot.

    "Mr. Hamilton", the lady says, sighing softly. "Obviously you're in denial about your friend and it's obvious that you don't know who did this to your dorm. You're free to go".

    I look towards the other officer and he's staring at the monitor. I do the only thing I can do and stand up. "You're wrong" I say before walking quickly out of the interrogation room.

    They had to be wrong. Punk/ Acid was my best friend. From the first day we met I didn't think I'd be able to stand him. But then it happened and we became friends.

   But where was he when my heart was broken? I helped him when his mind wouldn't stop turning thoughts. I helped him and he was nowhere to be seen when I needed him. Maybe this friendship has all been one sided.

  Maybe I don't know him at all.

  Maybe there's major things I don't know about him.

  Maybe he did do this. 

  (A/N: COLLEGE IS WILD BUT I'LL TRY HARDER TO KEEP MY WRITING UP AND I'M SORRY THIS IS PRETTY SHORT)