Chapter 18

"What the actual f*ck?", Acid says, looking towards the door at Bennet. "Why are you dressed like a gay Peter Pan? Am I high? I swear I think they injected me with some type of... High stuff". I almost laugh when he says "high stuff", but then I look at Net again and the betrayal floods back in.

    "What're you doing here?", I ask him. He was standing there, just staring at me with his eyes wide. Come to think of it, he actually really did look like a gay Peter Pan. Or maybe I was high too...?

    Bennet takes aother step into the room and I wanna shrink back into my blankets. I didn't want him to be here. I didn't want to feel this way. I had went to the party wanting to temporarily erase this boy from my brain. But instead, I got involved in some pyschotic game and ended up somehow on fire. Fun. And to beat it all? The boy I was trying to get out of my head is now in my god d*mn hospital room. It's official, the universe and the gods hate me.

    "Why did I have to hear about this from someone other than you, Brookline? Why didn't you tell me that you were in the hospital? Or- or...get one of your friends to do it? What the f*ck is on your chest?", Bennet rambles, pointing to my chest. It was still painted from when Malachi had made my costume. I look back up and make the shittiest move in the history of shitty moves.

    I shrug.

   This seems to fuel his anger because his ears turn red, just like they always did when he was angry. It was usually just the tip of his ears when it was just a little anger, but this time, both of his ears were completely red. "What the hell is your problem?", he spits.

    I ease out of bed, ignoring the protests of Acid. I come closer to Bennet and point my finger to his chest. "You know what my problem is? You saying you're never coming to my college again. That's one problem. You wanna know the other one? The big one? You f*cking cheating on me?", I spit right back. I wasn't in the mood for him pointing blame at me when I did nothing wrong.

   I step back and take note of his confused expression. "Oh don't act like you have no idea what I'm talking about. I saw the picture of you and some guy. Nice tongue down his throat, by the way", I try to keep my voice low, due to a fierce pain in my throat occuring when I get more than a little above a whisper.

    Bennet scoffs and shoves my chest lightly. "You don't even know the story", he growls. Before he can say anything else, a voice comes from the door again.

    "Brooook-", Malachi yells but stops short. "Woah, when did Peter Pan get here?", he points to Bennet.