Chapter 15

"Walk in the party and the girls lookin' at me. Skinny jeans on and you know my hair is nappy aye" , Malachi sings as we walk into large frat house with flashing lights and pounding music. "Holy hell". He looks around and his eyes find a short red haired boy with green eyes.

His eyes find mine and I look away quickly, feeling like I was cheating on Bennet. Then I remember the reason I was there in the first place and just walk in. "Never break eye contact, huge mistake" Malachi shoves me when we get out of range from the red haired boy.

"I'm too old for this shit" I run a hand through my hair. "I need a god damn drink before I actually find a ceiling fan and...do the unthinkable". I walk away from him and go to find the kitchen. I walk in and there's a bunch of cups gathered on the table. I grab one and look around.

"The keg is out back", A soft voice says from behind me. I turn around to see who the voice belonged to and see the boy with red hair. I raise an eyebrow but just nod slowly. "You're Brookline Hamilton, right?". I just shrug and gran another red cup. "Cat got your tongue?", he chuckles softly.

I ignore him and push passed him. "I have a boyfriend", I say as I walk out the room. I run a hand through my hair and take a breath. "So much for forgetting about Bennet".

I find the keg, along with someone beside it with a sign that said "7 dollars a cup". I put the cups down and pat my pockets. "Aye, Football player right?", the guy asks once everyone clears from the line except for me. I nod. "Free of charge, dude. But I'm counting on you to make our football team one to write home about". I smile a little and nod.

"Count on it" I chuckle before thanking him and walking away. How everyone knew who I was was a mystery, but I wasn't complaining. I find Malachi quick and hand him the cup of beer.

"You paid for this?", he holds his cup up and takes a slow drink. "Or did you flirt it out of them? That only works with girls, by the way. Trust me, I've tried". I laugh a little and start on my own drink.

"The guy at the keg knew who I was and that I played football. So he made me assure him that'd I'd make this school proud and then gave me 2 free drinks", I shrug and down the beer that was in my cup. I look around and instantly notice the red haired boy looking straight at me. "F*cking hell, what's his problem?"

But when I looked back towards Malachi, he wasn't looking at me. He was looking towards the center of the yard. "Hello everyone!", a voice boomed from the speaker that had just halted it's music . "It's time to play a game". I find the person who's the voice belonged to. The first thing I noticed was his psychotic smile.