Chapter 27

When I wake up I am once again in the hospital. But I have something wrapped around my throat and I can’t turn my head. “H-hello?”, I call out but it doesn’t help, my voice barely even comes out. But I do feel a hand squeeze my right one and I close my eyes tightly. “Please...please no more. Don’t hurt me”.

    The group that tried to kill me didn’t do much torturing. But what they did hurt like hell and brought back way too many memories. Memories that I’ve spent my entire life trying to push to the back of my brain. Now they were here and I had just relived the worst part of my life. “I’d never hurt you”, a soft whisper comes from beside my head. It was my baby. It was Bennet

    I instantly start crying and his hand wraps even tighter around me and he comes to gently lay beside me. “Hey, I’m here. You’re okay. No one here is going to hurt you, my love”, Net whispers and I try my best to nod.

     “What happened”, I ask once I’m finally able to talk through my relieved tears. I lift my hand that Net isn’t holding to see one of my fingers wrapped tightly. “My poor fingernail..”

    Bennet chuckles softly and reaches over to kiss my injured hand. Then he tells me what happened. Someone called and told them that they heard screams were coming from the woods. So they investigated and then they found me. I shake my head. “No way someone heard me”, I whisper.

     “They said it was Malachi something..”, he says, shrugging his shoulders. “Anyway, everyone involved with the freaky gang, club, cult, team 10 wanna be is in jail now. You’re safe”, Bennet says and kisses my head.

    Malachi saved my life. He almost helped end it, but he knew they’d kill me and he stopped it from happening. I was safe now, because of him.

    I didn’t understand everything that happened to me or why it did. But I did no one thing.

    As soon as possible....
    I was transferring the f*ck away from this school.

                          THE END