Chapter 14

"Why are they having a costume party so far away from Halloween? That makes no sense", I complain, as I look through the many aisles of the thrift store we were in. The party started at 9 so we had 5 hours to find and complete our perfect costumes.

    "Oh, come on, Brook. It doesn't have to be the devils holiday to dress up. Didn't you use to play dressup when you were little? Well now, it's dress up mixed with alcohol and sex and weed", he says, smiling brightly. I roll my eyes and go back to searching. "Don't be such a party pooper. We're going to go tonight and have the most amazing time. You'll forget all about the little boyfriend of yours. At least for a few hours".

    I stay silent after that. I didn't wanna talk about Ben, or my plans for tonight. He was right, I needed to forget about him for a few hours. I needed to feel a sense of release. He f*cked me over, I was going to f*ck him over. Whether it was the right thing or not, I was going to do it.

     A couple hours later, we had the our thrift store costumes and were almost ready to go. "Dude, why didn't we just go to an actual costume store? Now we have the materials and the items to make the costume, but there's still the actual making part that we have to do. Seems like a lot of work", I sigh as he leads us into the drama building once we get back on campus.

    "God damn, you complain a lot", he groans and leads us behind the stage to where all the costumes and things were. He turns around and looks at me. I look back at him with wide eyes. "What?". I make arm motions, motionin to the room around us. "Oh please. We would be thrown out on our asses for using any of these costumes. These fabrics are so old any way, we needed new and improved".

     I deadpan and look at him. "We got these at the thrift store", I blink slowly, causing him to chuckle. He finds all the supplies we need. The fabric paint, some flowers, jewels. Our costumes were going to be crazy.

     An hour later, our costumes were complete. I had a pair of white skinny jeans, stained with fabric paint all down them in splatters. And I had a white rosed flower crown to go with it. Okay, so it was a particular costume of anything, but it was something. Malachi was in the middle of drawing an X across my chest in blue and pink paint.

    "So, where's yours?", I ask when he's finally complete. He looks at me and grins. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?". I raise an eyebrow when he continues to stare at me. "I'm going to f*cking stab you, STOP!". He finally lets up and grabs a bag that was hidden behind a box. "I sweat to God, Kai, I will destroy you if there's an actual costume in there".

     He slowly pulls the mystery item out of the bag. Sure enough, it was a store bought costume. Not only was it a costume, but it was a sexy male nurse costume. "Dude, I'm the one who's trying to get laid tonight. What are you doing with the sexy outfit?", I say, crossing my arms.

    "You're so much hotter than me in that. Yours is f*cking cool. Guys and girls will be jumping on you as soon as you walk in the room, Ben doesn't know what he's going to miss", he laughs and goes into the bathroom to change. I sigh and sit on the makeup counter and pull out my phone.

   From Baby: Hi my lovely <3

  From Baby: Lover, I have big news

  From Baby: Babe... where are you?

  From Baby: Ok then..

   I know it's harsh to ignore him without even giving him a chance to explain himself. But what was he going to say? You can't deny it when I have a picture of him sticking his tongue down some pretty blonde guys throat. It was killing me. It was ripping my insides out and causing damage that I couldn't stop. I could not talk to the person who did that to me.

    Malachi comes out a couple minutes later in his trashy costume and I can't help but laugh. "Oh my god", I bust out, causing him to pose. "You look so ridiculous". I shake my head and stand.

   He grabs my arm and pulls me to him, but not close enough for it to be weird. "Let's go f*ck some shit up", he smirks.