Chapter 10

"So let's chat about Moses!", the professor announces, dropping his book onto the desk. "Who can tell me what Moses is known for?". I look around and notice only a few hands raised up.

   "Girl in the ugly green sweater", he calls out. I almost laugh. I look back and see exactly who's he talking about. He knew what he was talking about, because that sweater was UGLY. It was like a mucus green. I almost cringe, which I think the professor sees. He laughs and points at me. "He knows what I'm talking about. I like the kid. Never mind, I want him to answer".

   I smile lightly and blush softly. "Uh, technically he lead thee...Israelites...I think..out of Egypt. And he took them to the promise land. Then he had to walk around the forest for several years because he hit a rock instead of speaking to it", I shrug. The professor chuckles.

   "Exactly right, my boy! First day and I already have a favorite", he smiles at me and I smile back. Class continues and it's over before I know it.

   I walk out of class and look down at my phone. I had recently gotten it fixed before classes started. I had no texts from Net, not even a simple snap chat. I understand that he doesn't wanna come and see me, but now he doesn't want to talk to me at all?

   I understand that he's busy and has his own friends now. But he also has a boyfriend. Our relationship is really really based on communication right now. And he's really f*cking it up.

   I let the thoughts fall out of my mind as I walk back to the dorms. I had a lot of shit to study for and I wasn't going to lose any time wasting around. I open the door and throw my bag on the floor as I go inside. "Acid?", I call out. No answer. I raise an eyebrow and just decide to sit on my bed and take my books out.

    "Brookline", someone yells, banging on the open dorm room door. I shriek and throw my book off the bed. I look up at see a dark skinned heavy dude at the door. I'm pretty sure his name was Jedediah, we had football together.

    "The f*ck, dude? What's up?', I put a hand to my fast beating heart. He gives me a half apologetic smile before replying, "Malachi JORDAN GOES TO THIS SCHOOL! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?". Then he runs off. I can't help but laugh.

  Malachi was a big deal. A big deal that I was going to have for dinner tonight...not literally. Although, if Bennet wasn't in the picture then I'd wine and dine him sexually for sure. But I am with Net, and I'd never do something like that.

   I still hadn't got a text from him, anyway. So I just decide to study a bit before the clock hits six. With no text still, I just get up and put on some half formal stuff. I throw on a gray sweater and black skinny jeans. Okay, so maybe not formal at all. But he didn't even bother to send a text before 6, so why would I bother to get all dressy and classy?

   I check my clock about 57 before times before it hits 12. I suppose he changed his mind on the dinner. He still could have texted me to inform me on that information. I sigh and start to slowly take my clothes off and put my pajamas on. Now, I was probably going to be tired for my first class tomorrow.

   I put all my books away and cuddle into my bed. I grab my phone from my bed side table and send Bennet a good night text before putting my phone on charge. Then it hits me...

    Acid never came back to the dorms today. I don't even recall seeing him on campus at all.