1.| Life

April.

My eyes fluttered open and I glanced around my room.

Well his room.

I heard the shower running in the attached bathroom. Covering my body with the silk sheets on the bed, I sat up and grabbed my phone. Hitting the home button, the time displayed showing that it was 11:30am. I had to be at my shop in an hour for my first appointment.

I'm a hairstylist. My name is April, 25. Born and raised in New York but when I turned 18 my parents relocated to Georgia. School was never really my thing so I didn't go to college. My parents were trying to convince me to get a burger flipping job but nope, I'm too cute for that shit. I've always loved doing hair and make up so I ended up in cosmetology school. My dad promised if I finished he'd buy me a salon. That's all I needed to hear!

I finished school with flying colors and as soon as I got my license, my shop 'Aprils Way' was born! That's my baby right there. I remember when I barely had clients now there's never a dull moment.

We have 4 Stylists, 1 nail tech, 2 make up artists, and 1 barber for now, which is my brother, Chris.

My little sister is my assistant until she finishes cosmetology school then she'll have her own station.

The bathroom door opened and my on again, off again boyfriend Quavo, walked out. He soon appeared in front of me, roughly gripping my chin and kissed my lips. I pulled away while rolling my eyes.

"Damn you still mad?" He asked.

I got off the bed and started picking up my clothes, ignoring his question.

"April, I know you hear me talking to you!" He yelled.

"Yes, nigga I'm still mad. I'm sick and tired of arguing with these bitches over you!"

"You ain't seem too sick and tired to me, the way you was riding this dick last night." He grinned, flashing his diamond grill.

"Ugh." I walked into his bathroom and slammed the door.

"Aye don't be slamming shit! You can't afford to fix nothing." He yelled.

Our relationship is VERY complicated. When we first met he was the sweetest but as the years went by, he got deeper into dealing and his money grew, he changed.

We've been on and off for about 5 years now. I know you're probably wondering why I haven't left, well when you have history with somebody it's sometimes hard to let go. You often hope that one day they'll return back to that person that they once were. But deep down inside you know that they're not.

One day I'll finally leave. I can admit I don't love him as much as I used to, I still care about him though. His sister works in my shop, we met through her. Everyday she begs me to leave him because she knows how disrespectful he is.

Everyday I promise her that I will, still nothing has happened.

After taking a quick shower I got dressed and quickly left. I headed back to my house to get ready for the day. I know that I'd probably end up being late and then I'll hear my brother's mouth. You could've sworn he's the boss, he's annoying but he's the best. Him and his wife Sabrina basically treat me like I'm one of their kids, I can get whatever I want from those two, even though I'm only 5 years younger than them. Chris acts like he's 30 going on 50! But I love him to death.