36.| Baby 'Long As Im Next To You

One Year, Six Months

April Powers

I walked in the house after a long day at my warehouse. Kicking off my shoes by the door, I tossed my purse and keys on the hook. Tired was an understatement. Sighing, I walked further into the house.

"Baby! Where are you?" I yelled, waiting for my husband to respond. "Keith."

Footsteps started upstairs, he soon appeared at the top of the stairway.

"Hi honey." I said while climbing up to him.

"Wassup beautiful." He scooped me up bridal style then carried me to the room. "How was your day?" He asked while lying me down.

"Stressful, annoying."

A year after I got married I stopped doing hair and put Dion in charge of my salon. I wanted to focus more on building my brand. So that's what I did. I found an even better hair vendor than the one I had, got better with my wigs, started a flat iron line, a hair care line and now I'm working on other accessories like lashes, aprons, everything that I can put my hands on.

These past 6 months I've been working like a crazy woman. But now I have to slow down.

Keith pulled up my shirt, revealing my small baby bump. He bent down and kissed all over it like he's done since the day my pregnancy test came back positive.

I'm so damn excited! And so is he.

The night we got married he told me to give him a year and we'd be having babies. I'm 3 months pregnant and praying for a baby girl.

"April I told you that you need to relax."

"I know but you of all people should know that I can't."

"Well you better try. Don't over work yourself with my baby chilling in your belly."

"Okay, okay."

My parents were very upset about me getting married and not including them. So were my friends and siblings but I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was just me and my baby and Dion of course.

It was peaceful.

I found a cute little white dress and Keith had on all black. Looking at him had my hormones all over the place. Once those I do's were said we rushed out of there and back to our hotel.

Dion had to pull me out of that room because I never planned on getting off of Keith.

My mom has been trying to convince me to plan a bigger wedding but I don't think that's a good idea. Mainly because me and Keith's mom still don't speak. He goes around her time to time. She doesn't even know we're married. I'm sure once she finds out she's going to flip out.

Keith tries to get me to go around her but that's not happening and if I see Kayla I have to beat her ass. So since I'm pregnant, it's best that I avoid them both.