59.| It Was All Worth It

5 Years Later

April Powers

I sat at the vanity in my make up room and put on the finishing touches of my makeup. Today was a special day for Keith and I, we're opening up our first shop together.

The door opened and Kiara walked in. She's eight years old and full of sass. I can't believe my baby is almost in the double digits.

"Mommy, dad said you need to hurry up."

"Tell him I said to kiss my ass."

"I can say ass again?" She asked very eagerly.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Okay!" Kiara rushed out the room.

"5...4...3...2...1."

"APRIL!" Keith yelled causing me to laugh again. The sound of him rushing up the stairs filled my ears and he soon appeared in my mirror. "Are you serious?"

"What?"

"I thought I told you to stop letting her cuss."

"Oh hush! She knows better than to say it again."

"She shouldn't say it all."

"Get your panties out the bunch grandpa! It ain't like she said a harsh cussing word."

"Don't start with that 'ass is in the Bible' bullshit again."

I chuckled. "It is but Okay." I stood up and tied my robe than walked over to Keith, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yes I am, are you?" His hands gripped my ass.

"So ready. I can't believe we waited this long to open a shop together."

"Yeah but better late than never, right?"

"Right."

"Ma!" Reign yelled running into the room.

"Yes?"

"Can I say ass too?"

Keith neck quickly turned to him. "No you can't say that now go finish getting dressed." He said causing Reign to stomp away. "Look what you done started."

"Boy hush!" I pushed him away then walked out and into our bedroom.

We bought a bigger house a couple years ago because we plan on having more kids. As of now that's on hold though due to me having a harder time getting pregnant and we need to focus more getting this shop up and running.

I started looking through the dresses in my closet trying to find something that I haven't worn yet, which was almost half of the dresses I had.

My phone started ringing on the dresser. I walked over to it and picked it up. It was an unknown number. Sliding the answer button over I put it to my ear. "Hello."