27.| Sleepin

Keith

I sat at a table in a restaurant downtown, scrolling through my phone waiting for Chris to show up

I sat at a table in a restaurant downtown, scrolling through my phone waiting for Chris to show up. He agreed to meet with me to discuss how we could possibly get April to sell me her building. I was just hoping we could put the personal shit aside and focus on the money but I forgot who I was a dealing with.

A pat on my shoulder caused me to look up.

"Oh wassup C." I said as he slapped hands.

"Wassup." He sat across from me.

"Thanks for meeting me man and for even telling me about this building."

"Don't mention it. At first I really wanted to bring you back to work with me at my new shop. It's in a separate building from April's shop so I thought that would work but it's still a little too close for comfort and I don't want April being pissed or cause unnecessary drama."

"But I mean, don't you think me offering to buy her building is gonna cause some drama?"

"It might but all she gotta do is sign some papers and that's that."

"Well I have a little issue on my end. I haven't been approved for a loan yet. For some reason I can't get these banks to agree to my business plan so buying the building might take a little while."

"Nigga why not tell me this before having me meet with you?" Chris asked.

"Because I figured something out. I wanted to see if she would be interested in a doing like a rent to own situation."

"A rent to own means that y'all gotta deal with each other more. It's gone be tuff getting her to sell you the building, I know she ain't gone feel the whole rent thing."

"Well I could give the rent money to you."

"What y'all need to do is just sit down and talk shit out. You wanted something different, you went about it the wrong way but that was the past. It's time to move on."

"Yeah." I sat back in my seat while rubbing my freshly cut hair.

"You miss her don't you?"

"I fucked up. It was too much going and I didn't think shit through. I know she hates me, I don't blame her either."

"I don't think she hates you but you most definitely hurt her. Not as bad as her ex but you hurt her."

"I really do want to talk to her. Maybe we can be friends."

"Once you say those 3 words ain't no such thing as being friends bro. Y'all were in too deep. Then you went back to your Ex before April, I know she ain't gone be cool with that 'just friends' bullshit. I say just clear the air, get this building and move on. That's all you can really do at this point."

"You right.........So you'll run everything by her."

"Yeah I'll talk to her. I think she'll put everything to the side so you can get your shop. It's all gonna work out trust me."