52.| The Verdict

Keith Powers

Keith Powers

Sitting in the court room, I nervously chewed on my nails. Today was finally my hearing to see if I'd be getting full custody of Kiara and hopefully Brittany will walk away with nothing. I think things should go my way but with the bad luck I've been having lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

April came with me today. I know being in the same room with Brittany is going to be hard for her but I appreciate her biting the bullet. I tried to talk her out of it but she said she wanted to be here for me. One thing we're learning how to do is support each other more, talking about our issues when we have them. I just feel our bond growing stronger and stronger.

Speaking of April she leaned up and pushed my hands away from my mouth. She nags when I bite my nails. "Would you stop that nasty shit." She whispered in my ear.

I laughed before turning to face her. "Let me calm my nerves the way I want to."

"I tried to ride your dick to calm your nerves this morning but you wanted to complain about being late."

"April, I have no problem bending you over in this court room."

She laughed. "In front of everybody?"

"Hell yeah."

"Mmm......so where is she?" April pointed over to Brittany's empty seat.

I shrugged. "She's usually late. You sure about doing this? I don't want you to be uncomfortable and I don't want you to end up in jail because I know you wanna kill her."

"I know how important this to you and it will be tough trying to control myself but I'm not going to mess this up. If I can't handle it, I'll just get up and walk out."

"Okay, If this turns out the way I hope, I have something very important to talk to you about."

"Alright."

The sound of the court room door, ceased our conversation. We both looked towards the back and the devil herself came strolling in. Black glasses covered her eyes. She was dressed like she was attending a funeral. I glanced at April and if looks could kill, Brittany would be dead. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She finally broke her glare and looked at me.

"April you sure you-."

"I'm fine."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"All rise." Everybody in the court room stood up. "Judge Swartz presides."

The judge's gravel hit the wood. "You may be seated........please read off the case information."

"Case number 46910, Powers vs Anderson. Mr. Powers is asking for full custody of their two year old daughter Kiara Powers."

"Okay, so Mr. Powers you were granted temporary full custody of your daughter a couple months ago, due to that fact that your daughter was found by CPS in a living condition unsuitable for a child, correct?"