12.| Envy

Keith.

Today I overbooked myself at the shop just so that I could stay busy. I didn't feel like talking to nobody unless they giving me money. Chris wasn't here today so I ain't have to hear a million questions about his sister.

I really can't believe this nigga came up here and on top of that somebody told me this is what he usually does before they get right back together. Bring her flowers and gifts and she falls right back into his trap.

If she can't recognize a real nigga from a pussy nigga then that's on her but I'm not about to be played by nobody.

Taking a seat in my chair, I sunk down and ran my hands over my face. I've cut 10 heads already and it's 1, I've been here since 10. Cutting hair doesn't go as quick as most people think. Shit gotta be perfect, especially if you're my customer.

My stomach growled loud as hell. I do usually go grab some food around this time, but I wasn't trying to walk through the salon. My stomach growled again like nigga you better feed me.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone to see when my next appointment was, luckily I had an hour. So I grabbed my keys and wallet and walked out. April's back was turned so I didn't have to worry about making eye contact with her.

"Keith!" Erica called.

Rolling my eyes, I stopped and looked at her.

"Are you going to get something to eat?" She asked walking up to me.

"Yeah."

"Can you grab me something please?"

"Uh, yeah sure."

"Thanks! I'll text you what I want."

I could feel April staring a whole into the side of my face. Erica only got my number because she claim she knew somebody that wants me to cut their hair.

"Alright." I took the money from her and left out.

April.

I watched as Keith walked out the door then I turned to Erica.

"Did you even ask April if it's okay for her man to get you some food?" Brianna asked her before I could say anything.

"That's not her man."

"Bitch you know it is but you keep doing slick shit." Brianna continued.

"Girl kill all the name calling, first of all. Second, I'm sure April doesn't need you to speak up for her."

"You right I don't need anybody speaking up for me." I said. "But I want you to know that I and everybody else peep what you up to and I'd advise you to stop before shit get serious as fuck."

"I'm not worried about nothing happening. What you need to be worried about is Quavo bringing those flowers after you tried to play like you were so done with him. Keith can get lunch for whoever he wants. He's not yours."

"Are you delusional or sick in the head. Bitch he is mine and you know that. But like always you wanna be a side chick cause that's all you know. Now it's best we end this conversation before I smack the shit out of you."