10.| Territorial

April.
A Month Later.

Today was a late day for me, my first appointment wasn't until 2. I was happy about that because it seems like I haven't slept in, in a very long time.

And I didn't have to rush on my hair and make up today. I actually felt refreshed and full of energy this morning. Today should be a good day.

I walked inside of the shop and headed to my station. "Hey everybody."

"Heyyyy." They responded in unison, like always.

"Where's Erica? She didn't come in today?" I asked.

"Oh no, she's here." Dion said giving me this strange look, then pointed to the back.

I nodded and put up all my stuff then took my purse to my office. I still haven't told anybody about me and Keith but I'm sure they've all put two and two together. Erica has become super friendly towards him, constantly in his fucking face. But today is going to end all of that.

After I put my stuff up I walked to the barbershop section. Erica sat in Keith's chair facing him as he leaned back on his station, smiling and shit.

When Chris saw me walk in, he smirked.

"Well hello everyone." I said.

Keith quickly looked up, Erica turned to me and smirked.

"Oh heeeey April." She said.

"Hey." I rolled my eyes and walked up to Keith.

"Wassup April." He said nervously.

"Can I talk to you in my office?"

"Uh oh, someone's in trouble." Erica laughed.

"Don't you got something to do up front?" Chris snapped. "You been annoying me all damn day."

"Ugh, you ain't my boss."

"Technically I am, you can get out my area."

She rolled her eyes and left. I grabbed Keith's hand and walked over to my office. He shut and lock the door.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What the fuck you mean? You all up in her face."

"She was in my face."

"You shouldn't have allowed that! Tell that bitch to keep it moving."

"Maybe if you stepped up and let everybody know what's up, you wouldn't have this issue. I asked you a month ago to let everybody know what's going on. If bitches think I ain't dealing with somebody of course they gone be up in my face. And I'm not about to be claiming somebody that ain't claiming me."

I took a deep breath and sat up on the top of my desk. "Keith it slipped my mind, I'm going to say something."

"Whatever April."

"Baby come heeeeerrrree."

He walked up to me. I grabbed his shirt, pulled him closer while wrapping my legs around him.

"I'm going to say something Keith, but it ain't nothing wrong with you grabbing my ass and tongue kissing me in front of everybody to let them know that I'm all yours."

"Just so you can be like Keiiith, stop." He tried to mock me.

"I won't say that."

"Yeah right."

"I'm serious. But don't worry, I'm going to handle it."

"You better." His hand lightly gripped my neck, causing me to moan.