58.| Gold At The End of The Rainbow

Keith Powers

Keith Powers

"It is 4:17 in the morning, and April is having contractions." I flipped my camera. "The whole family is here, making sure that my baby is comfortable, until is time to head to the hospital."

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh." April yelled.

"I'm thinking we'll be heading there soon."

My mom rubbed her back. "Just breathe April, your contractions are still too far, we don't want them sending you back home filled up on steroids that'll put my grandbaby to sleep or slows him
down."

Yes, it's a boy and I'm fucking excited. God knew what he was doing man.

"Can I walk him down, I want this to be over." April said.

"I'll grab her shoes." I walked into the closet and grabbed her slide ons then took them back to her. "We're going to walk down the block a few times, okay?"

April nodded as I helped her up. Her 9 Months belly now hung lower than it was earlier. I know my son will be here tonight and I can't wait.

We got outside and I grabbed her hand, then we slowly headed down the street.

"I'm so tired Keith." She whined.

"I know baby, it'll be over tonight. I'm sure of it."

"No more babies after this."

I laughed. "You gotta give me one more. I want a little girl in a couple years."

"If you plan on carrying her, I'm all for it."

"I'll give you a couple years to recoup."

"Whatever."

"Seriously baby, I'm so grateful that we got another chance at this."

"Me too, after the twins I honestly didn't want to try again, I was scared of the outcome being the same. And the fact that we're probably hours from having our first child together." Her eyes filled with tears. "This is such a blessing."

I kissed her forehead. "It really is."

"Kiara is so excited, she's been asking me every day for the last two weeks if it was time for the baby yet."

"I can't wait for them to meet."

"She probably won't let anybody touch him."

"I'm going to be the same way." I smiled. "I never got a chance to thank you April."

"For what?"

"Never giving up on me, even after I've given you so many reasons to. I made you put up with a lot of shit, some stuff that if the tables were turned I know I wouldn't have been able to handle. Thank you for making me value my marriage and my family even more. You made me a better man."