18.| Heart Eyes

Kayla

I stood in the door waiting for April to come and pick me up. She was taking me up to the shop with her to teach me how to make wigs. I'm just happy to be getting out of this damn house! I feel like damn prisoner sometimes.

April's truck finally pulled into the driveway. "Bye ma, I'm leaving!" I rushed out quickly so she couldn't start up a pointless conversation. I ran over to the car and hoped inside. "Hey April."

She chuckled. "Hey, you okay?"

I nodded. "Just happy to be out the house."

"Oh okay." She pulled out the driveway and headed to her shop.

"Where's my brother? I thought you two rode together."

"He had an early appointment so he's already there."

"I haven't heard from him since that crazy dinner we had, he usually checks up on me everyday or every other day."

"Yeah he's been staying to himself lately, I understand why though."

"Me and my brother have been through a lot growing up. When he's sad or hurt he really doesn't know how to express his feelings. He used to lash out on people but instead of doing that now he just stays to himself. My step dad really scarred us."

"Kayla you don't have to explain, I understand. Trust me."

"Okay."

For the rest of the ride I focused on my phone. I was excited to see what she was going to teach me. We finally pulled into the strip where her shop was and I got even more excited. She parked and I helped her with her things and we went inside.

"Hey boo, I thought you were off today." Some guy with a bomb weave said to April.

"I was but I decided to come make a few wigs."

"And who is this cutie behind you?" He pointed to me.

"This is Keith's sister, Kayla. Kayla this is Dion one of my best friends and a stylist here."

I waved. "I love your hair." I told him.

"Thank you girl." He smiled then walked away.

"Okay, so this is my station. I have everything you're going to need to make your wig. Caps, needles, all that. I'm going to go grab the hair, I'll be right back." April said before disappearing.

I sat in the chair and started playing on my phone.

"Kayla."

I glanced up at my brother standing in front of me.

"Well hello stranger." I smirked.

"Hey, what you doing here?"

"April is teaching me how to make a wig, she didn't tell you?"

"She might have, my mind been all over the place. You been alright?"

"Yeah, just missing my big brother. I don't appreciate you ignoring my calls and texts."

"I've been busy Kayla, it wasn't intentionally so don't even trip."

"You sure it wasn't because of what happened at dinner?"

"Don't even bring that up. I said I've been busy and that's that." He snapped. That just proved to me what the real reason was and like always I'm right.