Chap.7 "Guess I'm going to the Docks"

Chap. 7 "Guess I'm going to the docks"

Last Chapter: "Chloe baby lets get home" he said and in an instant they were gone. I sat there alone wondering what the hell just happened.

Dear Journal,

After Chloe's meltdown earlier she came back to lunch as though nothing has happened and they were all smiling but to me it seemed fake now. I went along with it not trying to raise suspicion among the group. 

"Are you guys going to the Johnson's party tonight" Jax said finishing his lunch.

"No, I have to study for the Calculus test" Chloe complained

"Since when does the Great Chloe Thomson study for a test" I grinned at her and smiled. 

"Hey, I want to go to a good college I can't stay in Miami my whole life" she shook her head. 

"But Chloe, this one is could be the best of the year" he whined. 

"Yeah I think its a good investment for us to go" James said speaking over his laptop. 

"If James says we should go then we should" I laughed and they all nodded. 

"We're going" Sean said finally breaking his silence. He had been acting weird all day not talking or just texting on his phone. 

"Meet at my house at 9" Jax said smiling like fool.

I felt weird. Shit was happening under the surface at this school and I felt stupid not knowing what it was. I was hoping to-... I didn't get to finish the thought because then I ran into a wall.

Scratch that I ran in to a guy that looks like a wall. From the floor, I saw there is a friendly looking guy towering above me. He offered me hand and I gladly take it.

"Watch where you're going" I muttered and continued to walk away. I just wanted to get back to my thoughts. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I whipped around I was greeted with friendly looking guy.

"Hi, I'm Kevin" he said, and I could hear the heavy Spanish accent.

"I'm sorry for running into, but what do you want" I said a little bit too harshly, this day was already feeling odd and he wasn't making it feel better. He gave a deep chuckle still looking friendly as ever.

"You are as feisty as everyone says you are" he  laughed. 

"People talk about me?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me, it seems you are all people talk about at our school nowadays"

"Really" I highly doubted that people talk about me. I mean sure in my private life I was a freaking spy, but at school I tried to keep things more lowkey. 

Why would anyone waste their time talking about me. What would they even say, 'Omg I saw her chew peppermint gum and not spearmint. How scandalous'. There was nothing to say about me.

"Actually, they rumor a lot about you and Sean" he said scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I took this time to fully inspect him he was clearly attractive, anyone they had remotely good eyesight could see that. He was strongly built and had facial hair. He was....... 

"Hello Thea, are you okay we have to get to class" Kevin said as he grabbed my shoulders and shook me back and forth laughing.

"Yeah sorry zoned out see you around" I said as I turned on my heel.

=====

The next day, I was discussing the weekend plans for the party at lunch. 

"Thea" I heard someone call from behind me.

Everyone turned simultaneously, and I saw Kevin standing 2 ft. away from us. He looked just as good as he did yesterday but I felt Jax's arm pull me closer to him. The air shifted from light to thick tension filling the air. 

"Oh, hey Kevin" I said giving him my friendliest smile. He couldn't even look at me anymore and seemed extremely uncomfortable looking at everyone sitting at the table. 

"They look like they bite but they only do occasionally, whats up" I said and they all just murmured inaudible things under their breath. Everyone looked as though they wanted to say something but stayed silent. 

"Can we... uh... go somewhere private" he asked still looking at Sean.

"To do what?" Jax questioned sternly. 

"What could you possibly be saying or doing that you couldn't say in front of us." Sean said but I could feel the anger pulsating off him. 

"Sit" Chloe ordered harshly and I patted the seat between me and her because it didn't seem Jax's arm was going to get any looser on my waist. We all sat in awkward silence and I just sipped my water and tried to ignore it.

"So I dragged myself here for a reason don't worry I'm not trying to stalk you" he said smiling and I laughed. I didn't really know why they were acting like this bit I assumed they would tell me about it later. 

"I wouldn't put you below that" Sean remarked and I rolled my eyes. Kevin just ignored him and turned to me.

"I don't know what it is about you that really interests me. So, I wanted to know if you were free for dinner tomorrow I mean it doesn't have to be tomorrow whenever you are free it doesn't even have to be dinner it could be whatever......." he was interrupted by my laughter.

"Kevin I'll go out with you it's okay, you're really nice and hot so dinner tomorrow sounds fine" I said with a reassuring smile, he genuinely seemed like a nice guy.

"Great! See you then" he said and his face lit up at the same time. As he got up and walked away everyone at the table turned to me with an open mouth. 

"What?" I asked.

"You just agreed to go on a date with Kevin" Chloe exclaimed and they all nodded.

"Yeah what's wrong with that " I asked

"It's just that it's Kevin," Sean started

"I don't understand what wrong with him. Is there something I should know" I asked innocently, it had to be gang related. 

"Out of all the guys you could have picked in this goddamn school you pick him" Sean yelled and I flinched a bit. He stormed out of the dining hall leaving behind whispers. I packed up my things and chased him down the hall. I soon heard a pound on a locker then someone talking on the phone.

I followed the voice down the hall trying to be as quiet as possible. I saw Sean, his back facing me, but I could tell it was him. I hid behind the corner as he turns back around.

"I don't care how dangerous the loading is I want you to do it anyways." there was a pause,

"Yes, tonight at 11 at the docks" he said then I heard him slam his thumb in the phone. "This day keeps getting worse and worse" he muttered.

He was about to turn the corner and see me but the bell rang so all the other students engulfed me in the crowd.

So, I guess tonight I'm going to the docks.

==========

Next chapter will be so long and sorry for the late update. Remember to vote and comment.

QOTC: If you could have one wish what would it be?

AOTC: Mine would be to always have whatever I need at any point in time.