Chap.8 Equality for the Dead

Chap. 8 Equality for the Dead

Last chapter in SBDABN: "Yes tonight at 11 at the docks" he says then I hear him slam his thumb in the phone. "This day keeps getting worse and worse" he muttered
He was about to turn the corner and see me but the bell rang so all the other students engulfed me in the crowd.
So I guess tonight I'm going to the docks.

Dear Journal,

As I woke up from my nap I smiled as I thought about how I finally was going to infiltrate the gang. I tucked one gun in my holster as I climbed in my electric motorcycle. I felt giddy about finally making progress in my mission. As I pulled onto the I-95 I enjoyed the feeling of the wind in my hair and I weaved through tragic. I turned down the road parking a little while away form the waters. I crouched at the top of a building using my binoculars to watch was was unfolding. 

I used my camera to take pictures of every car and person unloading cargo from a ship. It was the only unloading happening all night, which was unusual for a port this busy. Another black SUV pulled up and I watched Chloe, Jax, and James all get out. I looked around the area for Sean but he was missing. They were talking or laughing as usual, they continued to look around and only spoke to the men by the ship. I watched them give them a packed duffle bag before getting back in the Suv. However, before they drove off, I watched Kevin walk off the ship and get in the SUV. 

The nice hot guy that I was gonna date was also apart of a deadly drug cartel, things could be worse. It was definitely be better than when I had to marry that 40-year-old man for a mission. It made me understand why middle aged couples were always so unhappy. 

As I drove home, stopped at a red light i noticed a family sitting outside at a restaurant. They were laughing having a fun time and despite my efforts I smiled a bit. The whole time home I couldn't get their smiles and laughs out of my head. As I got home I head to my closet. I typed in the code opening the safe. I pulled out the only thing in there, a picture of my family and I. We were a family of laughers and we could never get one picture of us all looking at the camera. I could remember that day like it was yesterday...

I felt like my tummy was going to explode. I guess maybe I shouldn't have bet Uncle Jimmy I could eat more turkey than him, I regret that now. I needed to find mommy, so I could tell her that I won. I ran to the backyard and as soon as I passed through the doorway I was swooped up by some invisible force.

I kicked and punched the air in hopes that they would put me down. They turned me around and I saw the bad guy, it was my evil big brother. His big brown eyes staring evilly at me..

"Put me down" I huffed and cross my arms

"Why" he smirked

"Just because" I yelled, and he started to laugh

"Samuel" my father said sternly as he passed

"Fine" my brother said and then he dropped me, and I fell. It didn't really hurt but I wanted to make him pay, I screamed as loud as possible. I started to do my perfect fake cry that I learned to do in situations just like this.

Everyone in my family crowded around me.

"What did you do to her" My mom said as she crouched down at my side. I tried not to laugh as my brother sputtered unable to answer.

"Thea sweetie, come to mommy" she said as lifted me up. I always thought my mommy was pretty. She had long brown hair like me, but her eyes were more of a hazel. She looked kind and loving and I always thought she looked like a Barbie.