Chap. 11 "Aren't pigs supposed to be flying"

Chap.11

Last Time: "This has to be our secret" he said wiping some mud from my face, "I can't everyone knowing about this and the whole emotions thing, you know. It would mess up the whole brand." he said sarcasm laced his words.

Dear Journal,

"So are you gonna tell me what you and Sean were doing alone in the woods?" Chloe said from behind her mug. We all wanted to go to the fair before, another party so I needed to get ready. Everyone was already ready, except Sean and I. I scrubbed my face trying to speed up my getting ready process.

"I told you, we just went on a walk. Then it started raining and mud got on us." I said walking to my bedroom. rubbed my hair drying to dry it before grabbing the clothes Chloe left out for me on the bed. I buttoned up the tight cropped light green top and pulled on a pair of loose mom jeans. 

"I'm sure those things happened" She said sitting criss cross on my bed. "But you and Sean seemed way to giddy when you came back, I know you're attracted to him. And, I mean we were all asleep, while you guys were all alone, maybe you got dirty in a different way" I scoffed picking up a pillow, throwing it at her.

"You know I have a thing with Kevin, and I'm loyal. Sean and I are just becoming closer friends" I replied as I slathered mascara on. 

But you never denied he was attractive.

Stupid voice in my head.

"If you say so honey" she said walking out silently. I finished getting ready and head downstairs, Kevin leaned on the counter and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned around as he smiled and brought his lips down to mine. 

"How are you baby" he said pulling away. 

"Great" I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His eyes searched my face and frowned for a second. "What's wrong"

"This is gonna sound insecure and I'm not worried, but you and Sean don't have anything going on, right?" I looked down for a second. Sean and I were merely friends, nothing more. But, that didn't explain why I felt bad. 

"No, of course not" I said kissing his forehead and he pulled me into a hug. I heard a cough from behind me and I craned my neck to see Sean standing there. He was smiling but it didn't quite reach his eyes, and I felt Kevins arms pull me closer. 

"We have to get going now" he said as he looked at me with an unreadable expression, he glanced at Kevin, 

"Thea" he said and I turned back to him. "I meant to tell you this earlier, but I have fly to New York. My grandma is really sick, I have to go help her" he said brushing back a curl. I could tell he was lying or least not tell me something, but I continued to play along. 

"I'm so sorry babes. When are you gonna be back" I asked as I glanced to Sean who was watching us intently, 

"I don't know not for a while. Maybe we should just go on a break for a while" he replied running his hand through his hair, I knew he was lying but I could sense anxiousness radiating off him. He hugged me pulling me into him desperately. Before I knew what was happening Kevin was walking through the door. I didn't know why but in that moment I knew that was the last time I would see of him.