Chap. 24 "I contemplated shooting him"

Last time on SGBDABN: We all rush down the hallway towards the back exit,

I hoped that we would make it out of this.

Dear this less stupid writing thing,

As we got to the back door, James hooked up his computer to the lock and typed furiously at his keyboard for a while then the door swung open. I smiled to myself and went through the door. It lead us to the parking lot and all we had to do was get to the car.

I spotted a shopping cart and got an idea. I placed her in the cart and she curled into a little ball. I took off my sweater and covered her until she couldn't be seen.

"All of you take off your jackets" I said, and they pulled them off. I tucked all of their jackets beside her so that from all directions you couldn't see any of Thea's body from any directions.

"Chloe climb in and act like you're having a fun time" I said making sure no one couldn't see Thea

"What why"

"Because it would look suspicious if we were pushing a random cart to our car, it has to look like you are having fun in a cart" I explained

"Oh that makes sense" she said climbing in

After she gets in I push fast and try to get to the car faster. But we make it a few steps before someone steps in front of the cart.

David

David was Erin's twin brother. They were almost opposites. While Erin was hard core strict and stern, David was laid back and chill. I honestly think that if Erin didn't force him to be in the gang he would be a surfer.

"Whatcha got there" he said eyeing the cart.

"Nothing" I said trying to get past him, but he just kept walking next to us. There was a thick layer of tension blanketing us. I contemplated shooting him, but I waited to see his next move before I did anything.

"I know you have Thea" he said, and I cursed under my breath. I clutched the gun in my belt but didn't pull it out.

"So I guess you're going to call Erin" I said through clenched teeth.

"Not if you give me good reason not to" he said stopping next to the car.

"Well......" I said not wanting him to know why.

"Well what Sean here is trying to say is that we all care about her a lot, and Sean is practically in love with her" Jax said and I hit him in the back of the head.

"Ow what was that for" he whined rubbing his head.

"You didn't have to say so much" I said rolling my eyes.

"I won't tell her, I'll cover you" David said pushing himself off the car.

"What that was it" I said confused

"I see how much you love her, I don't want to get in the way of that" he said walking away. We took Thea out of the cart and loading her into the car.

Once everyone was settled in we pulled out of the compound unnoticed. I pulled into an ally and turned the car off.

"Where do we take her" I asked

"Well we could take her to the hospital" Chloe offered

"No knowing Erin she probably wrote down all of the injuries she has and would scour all the countries hospitals" James said