Chap. 29 "Marry Me"

Last Time On SGBDABN: But it wasn't long after my release that I was swallowed into darkness.

I really hoped I'm not dead.

Dear Journal,

I couldn't hear much, only a loud whine. As I opened my eyes and looked around there was destruction everywhere I looked. At first, I was disoriented and my whole body ached.

But I eventually got up all the way. The whole building was demolished, and the ruble was scattered everywhere. I wiped my face of the dirt and dust and stood up. That's when I saw him.

Sean was lying face down in the dirt. I rushed over to his side and squatted down. He was being crushed by a piece of wall. I tried to lift it off him but, there was no use. I checked his pulse and let out a sigh of relief, it was there but faint. I heard the sirens getting louder and louder.

I sat down next to him and rested his head on my lap. I pushed a strand of his dark brown hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful just laying there it was almost eerie.

My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my heart. I was useless at this exact moment. I had never felt this broken and empty ever in my life. This was all my fault, I was the one that suggested he become an agent in the first place. I was reason he ran back into a crumbling building. If it wasn't for me he would be safe with the rest of our friends.

I just stared at him, he was still and looked so vulnerable.

Everyone I have ever loved has been put in danger. Now Sean was so close to death because of me. Then when I was about to have a meltdown, his eyes fluttered a bit.

"Thea" he whispered

"Sean" I said stroking his forehead "You're going to be okay, alright, the ambulance is coming and they are going to get this piece of concrete off of you and you're going to survive"

"Thea, I need to tell you something........." he started

The paramedic had gotten here, the sirens nearly deafening me. Police, firefighters, and paramedics all arrived. I brushed dirt off Sean's face and rushed over to them.

"My boyfriend, he's being crushed by a piece of wall. You have to save him" I said swallowing the lump in my throat.

"What exactly happened here" one of the policeman asked

"There was an explosion. I can't go into detail because it is federal classified information, but there are other people in the destruction" I said fast again

"Okay it looks like this piece of concrete is crushing him and once we lift it off him we will have to rush to the hospital because the pressure will be off his body will be out of shock and go into critical condition. So, if you need to say anything to him go and say it now" the paramedic said

"Okay, thank you so much" I said as I jogged to Sean "How are you feeling" I said as I sat down next to him.

"Oh, you know, like a million bucks" he said with a chuckle but started to cough instead. It broke another piece of my heart off seeing him like this.

"Be careful there" I said with what I hoped was a comforting smile

"What's wrong, you look like a constipated goat" he said with a smile

"That bad?" I said my face dropping

"Yeah it's that bad. Now tell me what's wrong" he said

"Okay, fine" I said with a sigh "The paramedics said as soon as they lift this boulder off of you will immediately go into critical condition"