Chap. 18 "Rebecca"

Last Time on SGBDABN:

"Sean I can protect myself and I know you're gonna protect me too. This risk, the danger, I would risk even more to be with you" I said and he dropped his eyes.

"There's no stopping you is there" he said and I smiled.

Dear Journal,

"You never had a choice"  I replied and he smiled too before sitting up and sliding his shirt back on. I stood up understanding we came to an agreement. As he stood up I couldn't resist the urge to wrap my arms around him, "You're stuck with me" I said into his chest. "Lucky me" he said as we let go. The drive back to my house was quiet both of us deep in thought. Sean insisted that he slept over with the excuse that he didn't feel like breakin in the next morning. I knew he was actually worried about me but I kept my mouth shut.

That night when I climbed in bed I couldn't help but feel the stone in my stomach. I felt Sean climb into bed behind and I rolled over so he could hold me. My forehead nuzzled into his bare chest in the darkness while our legs were intertwined.

My thoughts swirled with conflicting emotions. I couldn't deny the deep rooted feelings I had for Sean and tonight I told him the truth. Even when I hated Sean I still cared about him and now in his arms it was hard to make the case I didn't care. But the rational part of me reminded me how this all ended, with him dead. And not only that, I would be the one to kill him. In that moment I could have thrown up, the thought of Sean being killed made me sick. 

I knew Sean wasn't asleep even though he should have been. I knew he would stay up him consumed with fear, fear caused by me, the unknown fear of me. But I also thought about how well he hid it, Sean really was just a scared boy who had together no better than you or I. He was just a boy. 

I felt the urge to protect him, possibly from myself. But if the agency suspected I in any one could not perform they would kill me and hunt Sean down themselves. I began to cry. Everything felt like too much, why did I do this, why was I like this. I knew Sean could feel me crying in his arms but he didn't say anything, probably assuming I was overwhelmed with today. Which I was. I don't know how long I cried for, probably until my eyes couldn't produce anymore but as I stopped Sean pulled me closer to him.

That night I let myself dream about running away with Sean. Running to his secret greenhouse where no one could find us. Where our own problems couldn't find us. Where I could fall for Sean with no fear, with no pain. 

I groaned as I heard the doorbell downstairs. I pushed myself off of Sean's chest, and looked down at him. I knew he must not have slept last night so I climbed out of bed carefully, hoping he could catch up. I smiled at how peaceful he looked when the doorbell rang again. I head down the hall annoyed at who could be at my house this early in the morning. I yawned trying to wake myself up grabbing the cun outof my gun closet before I head to the door.

I simply unlocked the door before it swung open and somebody was already stepping inside. I jumped back cocking my gun pointing it at them. But in front of me was a short petite long haired girl standing in front of me. I was struck with her beauty as her big brown eyes stared back at me.