{ 1 } The Beginning of the End

Disclaimer: I do not own The 100 or it's characters, only Avalon and her plots. Based off of the 100 show and partially the books by Kass Morgan.

ALSO: please bare with me, I was like 13 when I started this so it is a bit simpler and contains many grammatical errors (and is simply more cringe) in the beginning. it gets better trust me!!! i stopped writing and when i came back i was in a creative writing class at school lol . but now i just really don't care to sort through all 53 chapters and fix errors and cringe at this time. i know i used the wrong your or there or whatever word occasionally throughout the book like most middle schoolers. however, now i am not and can recognize my own mistakes. i just don't care to fix them. so i hope you grammar freaks can get over that, my apologies. thanks for my ted talk, enjoy the fic <3

The cold metal material sends shivers up my spine, as I run up to the door scanning for a keypad. I locate it towards the bottom right of the door, locking the password decoding device I had made from scraps into place. It scans as I rock back on my heels fearing that my distraction hadn't worked. A little bit of a homemade concoction, mixed with a hit to the head should keep em' out long enough.

"Please, don't fail me now." I mutter to myself, squeezing my eyes shut.

Footsteps echo down the hallway. All I needed was the damn password, and I could lock the door from the inside.

The footsteps loom too close as I hear a beep, signaling that it was done. I had the password. I whip my head around, my eyes reading the code over and over, memorizing it.

I slip the device into my pocket, turning around to face the guard. He looms tall over me, dark hair slicked back with freckles scattered across his face.

"Avalon Rayne," The man states, not much older than me. He shifts his weight to one side, his hands never nearing his weapon once. "I have to say, you kicked those guards asses." A sideways smirk appears on his face.

I narrow my eyes at him, wanting to stand on my tippy toes. My eyes dart behind his shoulder. I roll my eyes, showing the guard my palms in surrender. When I meet his eyes, it takes me aback when I look- and I mean really look at him. His features stood out- and that made him good looking. His soft eyes bore into mine, and for a second I forget what I'm doing.

I've seen him before. If I needed to escape Mecha station for a day, I would almost always go to Factory station. Those were the best people, aside from Raven and Finn. I'm fairly sure that's where I had seen him. I smirk, realizing they called guards from other stations to help contain me.

I scan his uniform, looking for weapons attached to his belt and assessing a way out like I always do. I made my way through life carefully and logically.

As soon as he takes a step closer, his dark eyes watching me steadily, I lazily punch towards his left shoulder.

It was as if I knew how they were trained, he grabs my wrist, spinning me around so my back was against his chest.

His gruff voice laughs slightly, his chest moving against my back. "Not so much a kickass princess now?" He asks, and I clench my teeth together, reminding myself why I was here. Raven needed me.

My hand shoots down to his side, grabbing his weapon, only a taser. It's almost a sigh of relief when I realize that he doesn't have a gun, meaning he isn't a real guard yet.