{ 19 } Weak

CHAPTER NINETEEN

" she had not known the weight until she felt the freedom "

I don't let myself feel too relieved- not until we're back at camp and what's left of this group stays alive

Bellamy stops in front of me on his way to Octavia, dark eyes immediately falling to the wound on my leg, which looks the same, liquid oozing out and the flesh grey. I shake my head stubbornly, raising my head to meet his gaze; a silent 'I'm okay' held in the bright blue irises.

"O has the key." I rush, the chains clamped onto me rubbing my wrist raw. He nods silently, prying his eyes away as my attention is on Finn, who nears the grounder and I.

    "Finn?" I say it almost as a question- part of me was scared I would never see him again. His eyes widen as they land on my weak figure, immediately moving towards me.

Bellamy glances over his shoulder as he fumbles to get Octavia's cuffs off. "Monroe, watch the entrance." He states, and I finally hear the metal crash to the floor signaling Octavia and I are free.

Finn realizes this, and moves to my level, doing the same as Bellamy had with his sister. As soon as the cuffs are off, I throw my arms around Finn's neck, an exhausted sigh escaping my lips.

    "It okay. We're okay," Finn mutters, relieved to find me alive, and not among the others who had spears through them.

Finn brings warmth to me, my jacket taken as a safety precaution by the grounder- I had hidden weapons in it.

    "Not all of us," I mumble, my lip quivering slightly at the memory of Roma. "I couldn't- I couldn't help her." I stumble over words, as the reality of the lives we've lost today comes crashing down on me.

Finn rubs my back soothingly as I inhale sharply to gain control of myself. "Most of us are Avalon. Most of us are." He counters, his voice not wavering once. This ignites something in my brain, the realization dawning on me. We were sent down here to die, but the majority of us are actually alive. That's more than anyone expects, and we will keep fighting.

I open my eyes over Finn's shoulder, Jasper with a small yet uneasy smile on his face. He meets my gaze, and I choke out a laugh.

    "You've come a long way goggles, but we had this handled." I say loudly enough for him to hear, a smile plastered on my face so he would know I was joking. I jerk my head in Octavia's direction, knowing he did this for her. I mouth a silent thank you to him, Jasper nodding at me in return.

    "You saved me, I figured I could save someone else." Jasper mumbles sheepishly, and I grin at him.

Suddenly, I turn dizzy, the nausea returning. I break away from Finn, stumbling in the other direction. I hold myself upright using the wall, Jasper rushing in my direction as I dry heave, the contents of my stomach already emptied. What's concerning, is that blood comes up with it, smattering across the floor.