{ 5 } Make It Stop

My heart doesn't listen to my mind, screaming at me to pay attention toon to detail, notice everything around you. It see's Jasper, hanging limply from a branch, and my feet pound on the grass below me.

I place a foot down, nearing Jasper. It falls through, the ground beneath me hollow. A trap, it seems. That I fell into. I squint my eyes, expecting a painful death as my bloodied hand slips slowly off the edge.

It seems like forever I'm holding onto the ledge with my last bit of strength. No one comes, my breaths panicky and uneven.

Somehow, right as I think I'm about to plummet down onto the spikes, a larger hand grabs my forearm, hanging onto me tightly. I look up, Bellamy's dark eyes already on mine.

The shouts of the others chorus as they scream to pull me up, Finns voice carrying the loudest. I pant, my fingers wrapped tightly around Bellamy. He was my literal lifeline at the moment. His mouth parts and he blinks quickly as if he suddenly remembered the situation we were in. Bellamy uses his strength to pull me up without any hesitation after the realization. I stumble into him, regaining my balance as Bellamy steadies me, his arm wrapped around my waist, fingers pressed into my side. "I swear Blake, if you let me go, I would've haunted you from the grave." Bellamy just stares back at me, strangely quiet his eyebrows creased in thought.

I roll my eyes and shrug out of his grip, turning to Finn. He envelops me in a hug, tight against his chest. "Idiot." He tells me, and I turn away with a shaky laugh. Back to Jasper.

"Look," Clarke nudges me in my side as I join the group, Finn and Murphy. "A poultice is covering his wound."

"So they didn't want him to die." I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest. I was right; Jasper was the bait, and we were the prey.

"They're trying to catch us." Finn's eyes widen as the realization dawns on him.

He then climbs up the tree, scaling it as he and Murphy cut away at the ropes bonding Jasper to the tree.

A low growl; something unhumane can be heard, and it's unsettling. My eyes drift to Clarke, who's expression mirrors mine. Afraid.

Earth holds so many new and exciting things, or so we thought. Now, I've come to fear the unknown; which would either kill me or save me.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy asks, looking around for the beast.

"Grounders?" Bellamy asks, shuffling his feet as his attempt to remain calm.

"It didn't sound like a human- or anything like a human." My voice wavers slightly as I answer Bellamy, backing away from the source of the sound.

I turn, a large fur covered animal on for legs in the light, not far off from us. It growls again, this time for menacing. "Gun. Bellamy, get the gun." I state as calmly as possible, looking to the Blake, my eyes darting between the creature and him.

Clarke shouts something as it bounds towards us, and I run towards Bellamy, who's hand goes to the waistline of his pants. "It's not here." He mutters, looking up to meet my eye. I grind my teeth, looking for anything to protect us with.

"We're so screwed." I almost laugh, but a gunshot goes off. My head whips up so fast I might have whiplash, and it's Wells holding the gun. It kicks in his outstretched hands as he barely even aims at the creature. He hits it, but badly and it doesn't slow down.