{ 49 } Victory

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

" no matter what happened to her, she got back up. Even after the unthinkable. She did it for her people, to inspire them and empower them. That's what made her a great leader  "

     "All gunners we have movement outside the south walls!"

My walkie goes off in my pocket. Bellamy and I instantly spring apart, neither of us knowing how long we'd been standing there. Our eyes lock for a moment, the both of us thinking the worst as we look down to my pocket. The grounders were here and we just lost all of our gunpowder.

I break away quickly, the two of us sharing an exhausted look before turning towards the door. Can't catch much of a break down here.

Jasper stands near the door, his eyes a bit glassy as they look down to my arm, and then back at my eyes.

I roll my eyes, motioning for him to come forward. He steps into my arms, his breathing ragged as I wrap my own around him. "Thank you," Jasper mumbles over my shoulder, and I scoff.

"Don't thank me. I didn't do much," I grimace at the memory of Jasper's tied up figure, because then I thought I had control of the situation. How wrong I was. Jasper let's go of me, the sounds of campers gunshots filling our ears.

We follow out in a line as I hold my arm to my chest, pressing the cloth Miller gave me around the wound. My stomach churns at the feeling of the bone as I follow behind Bellamy. A group of gunners moves in towards the South wall.

"Wait!" One of the Scouts call out, causing me to speed up. "Hold your fire, it's Clarke and Finn!" They call out, and a hand flies up to my mouth, the cloth dropping from my hand. They were okay. Clarke and Finn were alive. I knew they couldn't be dead, they were too smart.

Clarke runs in first, and Finn follows behind. I barely even blink before running up to him, wrapping an arm around his neck. I know I didn't have long, the grounders were already on there way. I inhale sharply, blinking back the tears. I had started to think that maybe they could be dead.

"Thank god you're okay," I mumble into his neck with a sigh of relief.

Finn wraps his arms around me after realizing who it was. It's a short moment before I move onto Clarke, doing the same thing.

"Hey, we heard an explosion?" Clarke begins, pulling away from me. Bellamy stands next to me as Finn moves closer, and Clarke's eyes widen once she takes in our apperence. The bruises on our necks, the bloodied wrists and mangled arm. "What happened?" She asks, her fingers brushing over the wound in a doctorly way.