{ 41 } Did We Just Talk Boys?

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

it was the calm right before the chaos. the calm before the storm. the peace before the death  "

Clarke gingerly touches the bruised area on my stomach, inspecting the injury that she had called a bruised lung

Clarke gingerly touches the bruised area on my stomach, inspecting the injury that she had called a bruised lung. It's caused by chest trauma, and she said it was probably a result of the bridge crumbling down on me. It looked pretty ugly, the purplish blue-green marks quite disturbing.

It's been a long few days, everyone in the camp on edge. They were waiting for the grounders to retaliate. I've barely left the dropship, but I insisted on having someone take me out at least once a day so I didn't go completely stir crazy.

Clarke presses slightly harder, and I hold back a painful wince, the purplish skin still in much pain. But after five days, I needed to get out.

    "You seem good to go. Just take it easy okay?" Clarke instructs, taking out bandages to wrap around my torso.

    "Whatever you say doc," I smile thankfully at her, lifting my good arm up so she could easily wrap it around me.

    "Clarke, you coming? We're going outside to look for grounders. Again," Bellamy sighs from the corner, and I smirk over my shoulder at his dorky demeanor. To my surprise, Bellamy got all awkward and red after I caught him staring at my bare stomach, Clarke wanting to look at the wound. I snort, watching Bellamy meet my gaze and then avert it quickly. Also surprisingly, he stayed with me the majority of the time after I had trouble breathing. He and Finn were actually sort of getting along, much to my pleasure. Raven on the other hand, only came when Finn wasn't there. I couldn't blame her- she wasn't handling it very well.

    "I'm coming too," I state, watching Clarke's mouth open to protest. "Look, I've spent five days wasting away in here. I'm fine, I'll let you know if anything changes," I raise my eyebrows at the blonde, who finishes wrapping the gauze around me.

   "I hate you sometimes," Clarke mutters, and I grin at her before turning to Bellamy. He chucks my shirt at me, and I fumble slightly to catch it. I tug it over my head carefully, letting Clarke help get my broken arm into the sleeve and then back into the sling with minimal amount of pain.

   "Shall we?" I look between the two, standing up with a wince. I was so ready to leave this dropship, everything that's happened in it reminding me too much of bad things.

They stand up beside me, and Bellamy walks over to shrug his jacket over me. I had sort of taken it over the past few days, finding comfort in it- but I had expected him to keep it now that I'm cleared. I turn towards him, arching an eyebrow. "I feel pretty accomplished, you know. I made the Bellamy Blake get all shy," I grin at him, watching him look down towards his feet with a pink tint to his cheeks. "I don't need the jacket Charming."