{ 24 } Day 29

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

" the seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and on the way, discovers what he needs  "

I jolt awake, my hands automatically going to my pocket that holds my knife. I must've fallen asleep, having been awake nonstop the past few days. Silently, I curse myself for allowing that to happen. I sigh, the familiar blonde head hovering above my face.

"Feel like going on a day trip?" She asks, holding out a hand to me. I blink slowly, letting myself wake up as I wrap my own hand around her wrist.

"For what?" I ask, curious as to why Clarke would want to leave, especially now when we needed her the most.

I wince as I stand up, my back slightly sore- but nothing compared to other wounds people have received on Earth. Perks of having Bellamy dislike you every five minutes; you don't get a tent. To be honest, I've never asked. I've been fine with letting the others have it, myself feeling warmer in the dropship.

The right side of her mouth drops into a crooked frown. "There's a depot with supplies that will keep us alive through winter. And, if we leave early enough, we can stop at the pod you found," I smile at the blonde, knowing she knew how much it meant to me.

I arch my back, stretching as I glance over at Octavia who sits stubbornly in a chair, waiting to see the grounder.

    "Yeah, I can pack my bag and grab enough food for the two of us," I state, my eyes filling with gratitude as I cross the room and bend over, retrieving my backpack.

As soon as I spin around, Clarke gives me a skeptical look. I nod my head as if urging her to continue, knowing there was a catch.

"Bellamy is coming, A," Clarke mumbles, an apology in her eyes at the sight of the immediate scowl on my face. "Believe it or not, you two make a good team. And the more people, the more supplies to carry," Clarke finishes, adjusting the strap over her shoulder.

I bite my lip, knowing I have to swallow my dislike for Bellamy along with my pride. "Okay. Just expect lots of yelling and bickering, or nothing at all. Give me five minutes," My mouth presses into a thin line, watching Clarke pick up the tarp and duck under the dropship.

I head straight for Octavia, crouching down in front of her.

"Clarke, Bellamy and I are leaving for a day. That might give you a chance to let him escape, just create a distraction," I whisper, my voice low as I watch her dark eyes.

They dart across my face, trying to think of a plan. "A distraction. Got it," She nods, glancing upwards at the hatch where Lincoln was tied up above us, in pain.

"Tell Lincoln I said thank you, and may we meet again," I stand up, casting a wink at the Blake who stares wide eyed at me. She hadn't known that I pay attention to detail, noticing the connection they have and how he trusted her.