{ 15 } Something Bad

The crisp air licks at my skin, shivers coursing through me- either from nerves or the cold. Raven and I had given clear orders on what to do, and I told her to relax or spend time with Finn. She was hurt after all.

All I can think about is how much it hurt to loose Charlotte. I can't let some of these people, my people, feel that if they found out their loved ones died up there. For all I know, my parents were still up there. I can't let them die.

    "Light em' up." I order, raising my voice slightly so they can hear. I feel someone stand next to me, but I keep my head straight forward towards the stars, awaiting the purple pink flash of light.

In an instant, the camp is illuminated with a purple sheen to everything, the first one shooting off. Smoke billows out, but the urge to cough isn't there. I had fresh air to balance it out. People surround us, gathering to watch the show without really knowing the full extent of its purpose.

Raven, I assume is with Finn, happy to finally be reunited. I make a mental note to ask him about Clarke, because both of us know Raven won't put up with being second choice. She doesn't deserve it, either- not after risking her ass to come down here.

    "You think they can see it from up there?" Bellamy's voice startles me out of my thoughts, and I glance at him quickly. If this didn't work, Bellamy wouldn't only have killed the Chancellor- he'd have killed three hundred other innocent people.

"If they're looking. And if it's not too late." I add quickly and dismissively, still on edge about what he did. I can feel Bellamy tense from beside me. Suddenly, I feel guilt wash over me, and I grimace when I turn towards Bellamy. "Sorry." I apologize quickly, ducking my head. Anyone would feel guilt- Bellamy was no exception. I wasn't needed to make him feel it.

"Don't be," Bellamy mutters, his eyes trailing the sky for the Ark. "I didn't think your- I thought-" Bellamy stumbles but I roll my eyes, glancing over my shoulder at Finn and Raven, who look up towards the sky hopefully. His arm is wrapped around her, a happy and content smile on her face. I'm glad she was happy, as her first day on Earth she should be.

"Is that an I'm sorry, Avalon?" I joke quietly, cupping a hand near my ear, taunting the eldest Blake as I try to remain as serious as possible. I cock an eyebrow, leaning in closer to the boy. Bellamy just scoffs, his almond eyes alight with amusement. I grin, proud that I broke his broody exterior.

"Don't push it Princess." He smirks, the crooked grin breaking onto his face. I scowl at him, watching the rockets soar past the treetops.

I drum my fingers on the panel, watching the last rocket go boom. It shoots up in a brilliant white light- soaring up towards space.

    "Finn used to make us wish on shooting stars. Think this counts?" I ask with a sigh, waiting for the explosion of colors. I sense Bellamy's attention on me, his eyes boring into my head.

I turn my head to see him, and for a moment I meet his gaze, and neither of us seem to break it. My chest pounds, nervous energy inside of me. So much was on the line. There was still many things that I don't know about Bellamy Blake, and I'm sure he was wondering the same thing about me. My breath hitches in my throat, at a loss as my brain memorizes his features.

Then, words are remembered. "I wouldn't know what to wish for," He mumbles, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he breaks eye contact. "What about you?" Bellamy asks, my eyes widening in surprise at the question. He's rarely ever asked about me.