{ 3 } Unknown

There's a refreshing smell on Earth. It smells like happiness and freedom, something I never quite new. I was giddy. I had friends, I was on Earth, it was beautiful. I marvel at the purple flower, Poison Sumac with a smile as I pluck one from the path, examining it in my hands. It has medicinal properties.

From next to me, Finn reaches across me taking the flower from my hands. I elbow his side, pouting at the boy as my upper lip juts out , sticking my tongue out at him. It's immature sure, but why not have a little fun. We're on Earth after all.

He turns around slightly, facing Octavia. I roll my eyes and cross my arms, hesitant to his response at her flirtatious actions. Finn moves her hair with one hand, placing a flower behind her ear with the other. Octavia smiles, looking up at Finn through her eyelashes.

"That my friend, is game." Jasper leans in next to Monty, and I swallow a laugh, looking back at the two.

Monty grabs a piece, throwing it in his mouth as they catch up to us. "That, my friend. Is Poison Sumac."

I snort, realizing his intentions. "Can I keep you guys?" I ask, falling into line with Jasper, throwing an arm around him. "You seem fun. I could use a little." I shrug, leaning to get a look.

"Oh, anytime." Jasper stutters slightly, making me more amused.

Octavia swats it out of her hair frantically. "What? It is?"

I laugh, nudging into Octavia's shoulder. "No, not the flower. It's medicinal, actually. Shame, the flower went to waste." I direct at Finn, my eyes trying to decipher him. He couldn't be serious about Octavia. Not with Raven.

"Calming." Monty adds, chewing on it.

Everyone turns, taken aback by our knowledge of Earth. "His family grows all the farm medicinals on the Ark." Jasper adds.

"I'm a nerd." I shrug, squinting slightly, my eyes still adjusting to the sunlight.

Clarke turns around, her voice sharp, getting our attention. "Hey. Guys, would you try to keep up?" She looks almost afraid, if a little annoyed.

I clench my teeth. We are but three feet behind her.

"Come on Clarke, how can you block all this out?" Finn asks, a curious look in his eye. He's obviously intrigued by the blonde.

Octavia and I share a look of annoyance. I lean towards her ear. "Beware, he's a bit of a flirt." I whisper.

Her face falls. "A bit?" Octavia questions sarcastically, watching him banter with Clarke. She swallows, forcing herself to look back at me. "You guys don't have like a-"

My face scrunches up, my nose wrinkling at the thought. "God no, he's like my little brother. He's all yours." I laugh, glad to feel like I'm making a friend. Someone to talk to.

Then we're snapped back to life-or-death by the sound of Clarke's voice. "It's simple. I wonder, why aren't there any animals? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty though." Her voice is genuinely afraid, her eyebrows arching up.

"Then we're dead anyways. I'll die having fun, while saving everyone else's lazy ass by getting food." I roll my eyes, reminded that we were left to carry enough food for 100.

Clarke turns around, climbing back up the small hill. "Someone should slip her some Poison Sumac." Octavia chuckles from beside me, hands in her pockets.

Finn leads us up behind Clarke, the path narrow enough to where we have to travel in a line, one after another. I follow behind him, Octavia behind me , Monty and Jasper in the back.